So I finally got around to a 7v mod

It was a dud,overclocking it was pointless and whats the speed? 1.4Ghz or something? :rofl: i got the chip for like 40 quid off a mate who upgraded it for a 2200+ ( first batch, Tbred A, nother dud lol) few months back

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know where you guys get this heatsink falling off cpu failing BS, the heatsink on my Duron 700@945 (9*105) fell off, twice, and as far as I know, it still works. although I don't have a board to test it on. :retard:

Jon

hell, the core of my Duron 900 is chipped and it still works absolutely flawlessly.. :headbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
one time i forgot to put the HS back on after cleaning it on my Tbird 1.2 GHz...it booted into windows and then shut down. rebooted, it shut down after 15 seconds...
then i noticed the HS laying next to me on my desk :D

the thing still works flawlessly.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well fuck. It's warming up now, so I guess I have to listen to the scream at 12v again. Fucking summer.

Professur

How the hell does your heatsink 'fall off'? I've been fixing PCs for ten years and I've yet to see that. Come loose because it wasn't put on right in the first place? Lots of times. Come loose all by it's lonesome? Never.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of Artic Silver III

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I guess maybe if you mounted your pc in the back of your jeep and drove on a lot of bumpy roads, it Could fall off.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I went looking for fans tonight, because my summer fan is so figgin loud. Moves 68+cfm @ 48dB. Most were that loud & moved less air. Adjustable would be nice.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a heatsink that was reversed yesterday... as in, the inset where the highest part of the socket sits was on the other side. The CPU was only making contact with half the heatsink. The socket and the heatsink both have burn marks on it. Board's dead. :tardbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
pretty amazing how people are able to be that stupid....one customer came into the store where i worked with a totally fried motherboard...
he didn't know he had to attach a heatsink on a cpu...around the cpu the board was totally gone, and some how the thing caught fire...

my boss had to laugh quite a bit at so much stupidity and felt so sorry for the guy that he gave him a replacement board for free and mailed the blackened board to the retailer :D

I remember back in the Tbird socket A first days, people used to 'heat' test the cpus with no sink on and feel the core, lotsa chips went to waste that way. they just though sites were being 'overcautious' when they said to NEVER do it and it would cause IRREPAIRABLE damage, but no.:rolleyes: