so...the Olympics are on...

unclehobart

Nah. No Jamiacans at all.

Bermuda has someone in the skeleton; Costa RIca has someone in the 15km classical; and Venezuela has a 52 year old professor from Boise State Uni doing a singles luge.

Professur

Skeleton ... you couldn't pay me enough to try that. Head first at 70mph, 3 inches from blur of ragged ice. *shudder*

unclehobart

They need a new olympic event. Its the skeleton 20 minutes after three shots of 80 proof liquor... in the nude.

WHEEEEEEE! *thump*

*staff dispatches the blood-mopping crews*

Starya

The good thing about the Olympics is having a workplace filled with people who are nuts about watching people walk around with planks on their feet.

Schoolwork? Naah, let's haul a tv in here. (And Starya wanders off to do.. nothing much really.)

Inkara1

Professur said:
Skeleton ... you couldn't pay me enough to try that. Head first at 70mph, 3 inches from blur of ragged ice. *shudder*
I like how they named it after what would break if there's one wrong move.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
there`s a fantabulous nail-biter of a women`s hockey game on right now. It`s deciding who (of Sweden and US) will go to the finals for gold.

2-2, going into sudden death.

:errrr:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
mondomondo said:
Wow, you mean America is #1 at something besides arrogance?

:D :D :D

I had no idea where we stood until Unc pointed it out. However, nobody ever remembers #2.

Professur

Gonz said:
I had no idea where we stood until Unc pointed it out. However, nobody ever remembers #2.

Sure they do. Then they come and talk about it here. 5lbs of liquid fire, wasn't it HL?

unclehobart

Leslie said:
Sweden won - sudden death!
Does that mean we get the bronze medal round? ... or are we toast? I thought our (US) team was a winless dog anyway... or am I thinking of curling?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Canada and the US were the favourites to go against each other in the Gold Silver game. This was a bit of an upset.

chcr

Too cute for words
Leslie said:
you`re in the bronze round with whoever loses the Canada vs. Finland tonight.
Come on. Has anyone lost to Canada by less than five goals?

unclehobart

No... but I would rather have made it to the last round as a mega 10-1 assrape by Canada would have still meant silver.

I must have been thinking about curling.

I'm still waiting for a glorious warm weather country to take a medal. That would be sweet.