So...what would YOU do?

MrBishop

article-1210904-0644C97E000005DC-972_233x353.jpg
61 year old man slaps 2 year old
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. - Police say a 61-year-old man annoyed with a crying 2-year-old girl at a Walmart slapped the child several times after warning the toddler’s mother to keep her quiet.

A police report says that after the stranger hit the girl at least four times, he said, “See, I told you I would shut her up.’’

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain is charged with felony cruelty to children. It was unclear whether he had an attorney. A telephone call to his home yesterday was unanswered.

Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping Monday when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, “If you don’t shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you.’’

Authorities say that after Stephens slapped the girl, she began screaming.

Step one: Go medieval on his ass
Step two: Call cops and get him arrested for assault and battery

Comments?

Part A would get your ass arrested for assault and battery. That would be tres stupid.

now bishop why would you wanna go all dumb macho about the situation? just call the cops. the only reason to get physically involved is to stop more whappin' on ze kiddie if'n that shit is still going on. but one would obviously yell at him to stop first.

but let's think about context. i might first ask him who he voted for, and how he feels about gun control, the constitution, and all those horrible foreigner muslims, and if he gave the right answers, i'd just let him go on his merry way, ya know, being the right team and all!!! because that's really what it's about. in america, we have the right to choose. to marry 12 years olds and to hit youngins that get out of control.

the man clearly has a distemperment that is dangerous to society.

I think he needs council, along with detainment.

Part A would get your ass arrested for assault and battery. That would be tres stupid.

Self defense includes defense of family from assault...I was merely trying to stop him from hitting my daughter again when I stepped on his neck, officer.

Use of force is justified when a person reasonably believes that it is necessary for the defense of oneself or another against the immediate use of unlawful force. However, a person must use no more force than appears reasonably necessary in the circumstances.

It's not like I said that I'd pull a handgun on him and plug him once or twice.

Ironically, the child quit crying after the slap.

Yes, what he did was unquestionably wrong.

On the other hand, why didn't the mother take her child outside, at least?

because she's just as much a piece of trash as the hitter?

if ya ever been in a walmart on the outskirts of atlanta, you realize how likely this is....

Use of force is justified when a person reasonably believes that it is necessary for the defense of oneself or another against the immediate use of unlawful force. However, a person must use no more force than appears reasonably necessary in the circumstances.

It's not like I said that I'd pull a handgun on him and plug him once or twice.

And what if you'd ... say ... been to the toilet at the time and someone sitting with your kid told you this had happened. What then?

I hate it when parents don't train their kids to be in public. I've been in restaurants where the parents sat enjoying their dinner while their brats ran around the restaurant. Of course, I intervened and told the little shits to go find their mom or I'd have them kicked out of the restaurant. But I'm one scary bitch when I want to be. I don't need to hit anyone's kid and this guy was an idiot for doing so. All he had to do was turn to this kid and tell her STFU.

As I have said before their is an abundance of hippie dipshits around here. There is also this most excellent pizza place called Waterfront Pizza (perhaps because it is located on water street on the waterfront?). Their secret and what makes it so great is old fashioned sourdough crust.

In any case one day this hippie lady brought her daughter in and the kid pitched an absolute FIT. Everything her mom did was wrong (the kid was like 3 or 4) and she yelled at her about the kind of pizza and she screamed her head off when her mother took a sip of the soda first and said she didn't want it and threw it on the floor. This mother just continually took the abuse and there was no discipline whatsoever. I guess it is that "free expression parenting" nonsense. When they left, (it is a TINY place with a small counter and a bench out front) I couldn't help myself when I walked by her on the street from saying that that kid is going to grow up with zero respect for her and be a nightmare when she grows up. The lady looked at me like I had smacked the child! She hurried away from the bad evil man (probably back to her hippie lesbian girlfriend's love nest).

This was many years ago and I actually found out who she was and who her kid is (it is a terribly small town of about 8000). Her daughter is like 17, and has been a prostitute in Seattle and had a few heroin overdoses. I guess I was right, as lame as that is. I wonder if her mother ever even had about that incident over the years.

:banghead:

What a dumbass comment. Call the cops & put yer weiner away.

Nobody touches my kids but me...period. It's not a macho statement, BoP. My reaction is based on the action of the 'toucher'.

This fuck-nut slapped a 2 year old 4 times! Fair's fair...I get 4 hits back.

Gonz: The kid didn't shut up..she screamed louder still.

And what if you'd ... say ... been to the toilet at the time and someone sitting with your kid told you this had happened. What then?

Kinda late for the direct emotional response...buddy would've already fucked right off, and it's not like I could've chased down someone I could't identify.

The 'someone sitting with my kid' would have questions of their own to answer.

Kinda late for the direct emotional response...buddy would've already fucked right off, and it's not like I could've chased down someone I could't identify.

The 'someone sitting with my kid' would have questions of their own to answer.

No, he didn't go anywhere. He's right there, enjoying the new found silence. Don't avoid the question, answer it. You've got one person who's told you your kid was hit by 'that guy'. He's right there. Do something.

Back