So...what would YOU do?

It takes a village to sustain itself. Ruthless, selfish individualism is the road to ruin.

sheep240307_486x386.jpg

I veiled nothing. I think, by your remarks, that you are a helpless sheep & need some sort of father figure to lead you down the path of enlightenment.

I prefer my own path.

I veiled nothing. I think, by your remarks, that you are a helpless sheep & need some sort of father figure to lead you down the path of enlightenment.

I prefer my own path.

No you don't if I am a sheep you just belong to a smaller herd of black ones. You show almost no regard for anyone but yourself. May you get treated the same back. On the one hand everyone is sheep, but on the other if we followed your vision it would be better? You are sadly mistaken.

The US has a history of progress & growth under limited government & with a free people. It grew & prospered as no other nation with less government. That progress was systematically choked off until the 80's. Taking government off the backs of the poeple promoted substantial growth. Putting the reins back on will do nothing postive.

Freedom is prosperity.

We've let corporate political donations and lobbyists run our Congress. It's progress for them, not so much for the people.

corporate political donations

I'm in favor of abolishing those. Corporatiosn don't have voices & votes. People do.

Lobbyists would weild far less power if we were to force Congress to enact a term limit amendment.

Your reaction is based on your inability to control yourself. I don't see how you think that getting yourself charged and in jail or prison is going to make this situation better for your child.

And your statement is based on unemotional response to a fictional event as separated from how you'd really react in the same situation if one of your actual kids got actually slapped, as possible.

Try thinking of it as your first reaction instead of your 20/20 hindsight reaction.

*Your house is on fire. Your kids are inside. Nobody is stopping you from entering the house.*
Logically...let the kids burn. You going into the burning building isn't going to help the situation and may get you killed along with your children.

Now..put aside your 20/20 hindsight and really answer the question, Leslie.

I can reword it for you. You're at a little-league game for one of your sons. You're holding your son's spare bat..the aluminium one, when you spot some old fart in an Astrovan trying to drag your other son in. Do you think that rescuing your kid and thus getting yourself charged and in jail or prison is going to make this situation better for your child?

Of course I would go into a burning building. In your new made up situation, which is entirely different than the original slappy one, I still would not react in the way you're intimating that anyone would. I am not irrational or violent. I would, while screaming bloody murder, go to my child and scoop up my child/tear him away from the fart. Then hope I charged my cell so I could call the police right there. My thoughts would be towards my child and getting them to immediate safety, not beating on the slapper grabber.

Now back to the unemotional response intimation. Perhaps, but I prefer to call it realistic. I am well aware that none of my children are precious innocent snowflakes, and my very first reaction on finding my child being slapped by someone else would be and has been to turn to that child and ask them what they had done to get that smackdown.

/has a witness

Even when they were two years old?

I'm not sure what a 2 year old would do to deserve 4 slaps by a complete stranger...but it better be more than just being a bit noisy in a Walmart.

Back