Soundtrack of your Senior Year

that site said:
92 -Achy Breaky Heart, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Black Or White, November Rain, Baby-Baby-Baby
ugh.
nirvana was the coolest thing back then but the song is still overplayed. i don't think i remember the last one.

Gonz said:
Mine is incorrect. Those songs may have been on the charts but I only saw 4 I didn't completely & utterly despise. (class of 81)
so true, i'm `00, where's the korn, the staind, maybe some godsmack or powerman tossed in for kicks?

Gato_Solo said:
My year was 1980...and it was a very good year. None of that heavy metal bullshit that passes for music nowadays. :p :D

KISS, Judas Priest, OZZY, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, AC DC...sorry Gato, the dance craze was overblown & over zealous. It created punk as a viable alternative.

chcr said:
*Ahem* They don't go back far enough. :blush:

*Nights in White Satin was my prom theme.*
Damn, that was a long time ago... was your Days of Future Passed LP even in stereo?

Gonz said:
KISS, Judas Priest, OZZY, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, AC DC...

Ahhh...except for, maybe, the asshole Ted Nugent..drug oriented music. :grinyes:

Gonz said:
sorry Gato, the dance craze was overblown & over zealous. It created punk as a viable alternative.

Depends on the group, now doesn't it? Throw a little funk on the spindle, and watch the ladies lose their minds...(Ahhh...sex oriented music :grinyes: )

There are at least a few good ones in the '96 list:

Follow you down (Gin Blossoms)
Name (Goo Goo Dolls)
The Worl I know (Collective Soul)

If I had to make up a list there'd definitely be some Counting Crows, REM and Spin Doctors on it....and Tracy Chapman....shikes, I am getting all nostalgic...must be the weather.

wow...looking at that list...things have gone done hill BAD after the '80s.
of course Wham! wasn't too good either...but given a few exceptions, it was at least close to the definition 'music'

sad, sad...

Yeah, I'm scared to think of what 2005's will bring. The Milkshake Song? What the hell?

More and more I think I should have lived in a different time period.

Inkara1 said:
Damn, that was a long time ago... was your Days of Future Passed LP even in stereo?

Why yes, yes it was. Thanks for asking. I'll bet most people aren't even aware it was available in mono. That came out in '68 but we didn't graduate till '74.

Rumors.jpg

chcr said:
Why yes, yes it was. Thanks for asking. I'll bet most people aren't even aware it was available in mono. That came out in '68 but we didn't graduate till '74.
Country Joe and the Fish played at my dad's junior prom in 1967.

Gato_Solo said:
Ahhh...except for, maybe, the asshole Ted Nugent..drug oriented music. :grinyes:

Ye know not of which ye speak. Ted Nugent is one of the most anti-drug human beings alive. I met the man in 1986 before a show in Knoxville TN. I witnessed first hand the way he handles the guys in his band. Trust me, they were not allowed so much as a beer before they walked on stage with him. He regularly donates money to anti-drug causes, does PSAs galore, and is outspoken (as only Ted can BE outspoken) about drugs.

Now, just in case I misinterpreted your post, and you meant that all the others are drug oriented musicians, I submit Gene Simmons. The man has been quoted as saying the only time he was ever high in his life was in a dentist's chair. Both he and Paul Stanley are avid anti-drug supporters. (Ask All Ears or abooja...you do NOT want to get into a KISS trivia discussion with me...you WILL lose...) Gene and Paul are also both vocal about staying away from alcohol, though Paul did tip a few brews in his youth. Ace and Peter...now, they are different stories. One should note, however, that both Ace and Peter were dismissed from KISS on more than one occasion for their substance abuse.

Care to tangle? :lloyd: My resume will speak for itself...I AM the metal god! :beardbng:

S&P, I also hear that Nugent is quite the bow hunting nutter.

Hey, I saw KISS on (shaddap) Fashion TV last night, backgrounding a runway. Who'da thunk it.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Ye know not of which ye speak. Ted Nugent is one of the most anti-drug human beings alive. I met the man in 1986 before a show in Knoxville TN. I witnessed first hand the way he handles the guys in his band. Trust me, they were not allowed so much as a beer before they walked on stage with him. He regularly donates money to anti-drug causes, does PSAs galore, and is outspoken (as only Ted can BE outspoken) about drugs.

Now, just in case I misinterpreted your post, and you meant that all the others are drug oriented musicians, I submit Gene Simmons. The man has been quoted as saying the only time he was ever high in his life was in a dentist's chair. Both he and Paul Stanley are avid anti-drug supporters. (Ask All Ears or abooja...you do NOT want to get into a KISS trivia discussion with me...you WILL lose...) Gene and Paul are also both vocal about staying away from alcohol, though Paul did tip a few brews in his youth. Ace and Peter...now, they are different stories. One should note, however, that both Ace and Peter were dismissed from KISS on more than one occasion for their substance abuse.

Care to tangle? :lloyd: My resume will speak for itself...I AM the metal god! :beardbng:
Frank Zappa was also so anti-drug to the Nth degree. His only drug was being a chain smokers chain smoker.

unclehobart said:
Frank Zappa was also so anti-drug to the Nth degree. His only drug was being a chain smokers chain smoker.

Yep, he just sounded like he was always high.

Back