Starya.

K62

We're on the water, so they do all the sailing right here, so that's a plus, but apparently they have camps for other stuff. It looks ok, and somewhat fun-nish. Not quite sure why he wants to join, but he's willing to cut off his beloved curly locks (fro) for it, so I guess he really wants to. Signup is tonight.

I don't imagine the suppers are really all that good :lloyd:

When I joined the military, that was honestly the hardest part for me. Cutting my hair :'(

weeeeeeeeeee.jpg

That was me over 5 years ago. A 16 year old punk in rough shape from the night before. I remember that night before the picture was taken well. We were camping and some local guys came down to start a fight. Night ended up with a guy getting his arm broken with a baseball bat.

:toast:

K62

oh oh oh, I still have a bunch of questions for ya, Starya! I'm heading out for the night soon.. but I'll get to them soon :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
When I joined the military, that was honestly the hardest part for me. Cutting my hair :'(

weeeeeeeeeee.jpg

That was me over 5 years ago. A 16 year old punk in rough shape from the night before. I remember that night before the picture was taken well. We were camping and some local guys came down to start a fight. Night ended up with a guy getting his arm broken with a baseball bat.

:toast:

You look better now

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
He's now a proud Navy League Cadet. He's got till his uniform comes in to get his haircut, and he's still willing, which is weird. Seems like a great program. The ?whicheverrankofficer? in charge spent a good deal of time with Paul and I before we left, whcih was ubercool.

Anyway, this was the type of scene we found at the Armoury tonight. How cute is this? :D

Competition%2010.jpg

and yeah, although I love the Heath Ledger look too, you do look better now.

K62

That's awesome Les! I hope that he enjoys it, I'm sure the instructors will be good.

I'm not sure how it works, do you know if the officers are full time military? They're wearing the uniform. The only officer with a visible arm holds the rank of "Acting Sub-Lieutenant".

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Most of them are full time military, or retired military, volunteering their time. Some (I only saw one last night) can be civilian instructors, but they've gotta go through a bunch of training stuff before they can teach.

It seems excellent. And he can stay in (switching to Royal Canadian Sea Cadet at 12-13) till he's 19.

He'll be sailing this summer!

K62

Ah that's awesome! So the navy league is kind of like a introduction to Sea cadets? We only have the sea cadets in New Brunswick I believe.

Maybe if he likes navy league, and sea cadets he will join the navy when he's 18 and end up in one of these uniforms?

Seattle.jpg

:grinyes:

unclehobart

Someone needs to give that front row a bit of discipline. They're leaning and lookin' left and right.

The second row though... real tight-asses... starin' straight ahead... crisply at attention.

Professur

K62, whatcha hiding. Think we don't know about the hottie you cut off on the other half of that photo?

Scanty

I was just going to say the same. You have not a little of the JT about you.

Good facial hair. Hm