Starya.

K62

Starya, you're from Sweden aren't you?

I'm wondering because I am thinking of taking 2 or so months off to spend over in Europe (I had a friend that stayed in Sweden, but can't get a hold of her to ask her)

I had a few questions if you don't mind.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I hear Toronto is unseasonably warm this winter...thus making it a perfect vacation destination ;)

K62

Last time I was in Toronto was one of the weekends when we finally were allowed out when I did my basic military.

I've been thinking about it. I think I will look into France, good way to improve my awesome French skills! Oui? (Haven't spoke a bit since grade 10)

$900ish for a flight from Halifax to Paris return. I was expecting 2x that. Schweet :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Last time I was in Toronto was one of the weekends when we finally were allowed out when I did my basic military.

I've been thinking about it. I think I will look into France, good way to improve my awesome French skills! Oui? (Haven't spoke a bit since grade 10)

$900ish for a flight from Halifax to Paris return. I was expecting 2x that. Schweet :D

Yeah it's just as expensive to fly within Canada as it is to fly transatlantic

K62

Hmm.

I don't really know much about cadets. I couldn't see it being a bad thing though.

I know they do military drill, and can go away to camps in the supper ( <- edit! ahahah, I'm going to take a moment to laugh at my self for that one. Good thing I actually read my post over for once) where they teach them how to sail. I think the ages are like around 13 to 17 maybe?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I was never in it my self.

K62

Hmm, does anyone know if many countries offer "culture exchange programs" where you don't have to be a student? I can't find anything.

A.B.Normal

Hmm, does anyone know if many countries offer "culture exchange programs" where you don't have to be a student? I can't find anything.
You could see if the French military has an exchange ,at least you wouldn't have to worry about any fighting. :eyemouth:

K62

hahahha

They do, but for officers only :mad:

What I would really like to do is work for a family in exchange for a room. I have no problem paying for a room either. I've been putting $700ish away every 2 weeks for a while now, so I have quite a bit saved up for something like this.

It's easy to save money living in barracks/ship :D

Everything I can find is for students only :mad:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Hmm.

I don't really know much about cadets. I couldn't see it being a bad thing though.

I know they do military drill, and can go away to camps in the supper ( <- edit! ahahah, I'm going to take a moment to laugh at my self for that one. Good thing I actually read my post over for once) where they teach them how to sail. I think the ages are like around 13 to 17 maybe?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I was never in it my self.
We're on the water, so they do all the sailing right here, so that's a plus, but apparently they have camps for other stuff. It looks ok, and somewhat fun-nish. Not quite sure why he wants to join, but he's willing to cut off his beloved curly locks (fro) for it, so I guess he really wants to. Signup is tonight.

I don't imagine the suppers are really all that good :lloyd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My cousin is in air cadets, it has taught him a lot of self discipline. He used to be the hyperist kid I ever met and now he's all...well...disciplined.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
That's what I've heard so far. I'm sending Avery along with Riley to see if it happens for him :D

Starya

Starya, you're from Sweden aren't you?
You know what they call an intelligent person in Sweden?

*drumroll*

A tourist.

---

Do you know what you see if you look into the eyes of a Swede?

*drumroll*

The back of his head.

Yeah, I'm Norwegian. :grinyes:

I'm wondering because I am thinking of taking 2 or so months off to spend over in Europe (I had a friend that stayed in Sweden, but can't get a hold of her to ask her)

I had a few questions if you don't mind.
We're "neighbours", so depending on the questions I might be able to help.

Tourists seem to dig Norway too - but it's damned expensive here.