State of the Union address

unclehobart

To make this godawful pack of windbaggery tolerable I have devised a game.

Every time you hear the word 'democracy', you pour an ounce of beer into a glass. When you hit 10, you must drink.
Every time your hear something with the root word 'terror', you pour an ounce of wine. When you hit 5, you must drink.
Every time you hear the phrase 'American people', you pour 1/2 an ounce of liquor. When you hit a jigger (1.5 oz), you must drink.

Every time you hear the word 'freedom', you take your drink that is closest to the top and remove it from the table and start with a fresh glass.

Every time you hear the concept 'tax reduction', you take what whiskey you have on the penalty table and drop it into the beer as a boilermaker. The beer is now frozen in place and cannot be removed.

If you hear the phrase 'social security', you must down every drink across the board asap.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
unclehobart said:
Makes me wish I was in Canada right now just to avoid it.

all channels are carrying it, I know Nat is watching canadian TV, so I guess there must be nothing on....

oh wait she flipped to that nick and jessica show.....the state of the union is more interesting

Oz

It's on the telly here now.........thousands of brit insomiacs are at this moment counting themselves lucky :)

Professur

unclehobart said:
To make this godawful pack of windbaggery tolerable I have devised a game.

Every time you hear the word 'democracy', you pour an ounce of beer into a glass. When you hit 10, you must drink.
Every time your hear something with the root word 'terror', you pour an ounce of wine. When you hit 5, you must drink.
Every time you hear the phrase 'American people', you pour 1/2 an ounce of liquor. When you hit a jigger (1.5 oz), you must drink.

Every time you hear the word 'freedom', you take your drink that is closest to the top and remove it from the table and start with a fresh glass.
Surely you're not gonna just waste it?

Every time you hear the concept 'tax reduction', you take what whiskey you have on the penalty table and drop it into the beer as a boilermaker. The beer is now frozen in place and cannot be removed.

What, more waste?

If you hear the phrase 'social security', you must down every drink across the board asap.

Including the frozen and removed ones?

unclehobart

Surely you're not gonna just waste it?
Not at all. It just goes back into reserves until it is needed for future penalties.

What, more waste?
No, no... Frozen merely means that you cannot remove the glass from the table by hearing the word 'freedom' You wait until it is either full and drink or you hear 'social security' and drink everything.

Including the frozen and removed ones?
Frozen... yes
removed... no

Professur

Ah've bin say'n that fur yee-ars.

Someone explain to me why a box of toothpicks needs instructions printed on the side.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
hey I used the iron without ever reading the instruction, or warning, and never once did it occure to me to iron my shirt while wearing it

Oz

They should put instructions on feather dusters.......I've had one for years and I still can't find the button to turn the damn thing on ;)