State of the Union address

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Oz said:
They should put instructions on feather dusters.......I've had one for years and I still can't find the button to turn the damn thing on ;)

if someone uses it right it can turn you on

Rose

I enjoyed the speech. I'm not sure what was more fun - listening and feeling that good ol' American red-blooded pride run through me everytime Dubya twinkled his eyes and said we're strong, or poking fun at the audience. :shrug:

His speechgiving skills have definately improved. I commented to my husband that he must have practiced this one in front of a mirror - those smug looks and smirks were priceless!

Anyway, I thought it was very good. There's parts I don't necessarily agree with, and a few instances where I would have changed the wording a bit. But overall ... good.

I'd really be surprised if he doesn't get the next four years ...

chcr

Too cute for words
I thought it sounded a little too much like a campaign speech for me, but his public speaking ability has improved, and every president I've ever watched has given a campaign speach for the state of the union in the last year of his first term. He likely will be reelected in the absence of any "smoking gun" evidence of wrongdoing. I doubt there is anyone here who doesn't understand my position on that. :D

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I passed on the whole deal. Kinda obvious it would be a campaign speech...:D

on the best of years, the SOTU is laughable....More a party production than what its meant to be. :shrug:

Rose, did you often find yourself overly emotional at highschool pep rallies? :D

tonksy

i used to smoke cigarettes under the bleachers during pep rally...same sentiment for the SOTU address. :shrug:

Professur

Rose said:
Squiggy - :p ;)

Would you believe I was a cheerleader for six years? :blush:

Wanna give us a cheer? Can you still do the splits? How much will photos of you in your cheerleader outfit cost?

Rose

No splits. No cartwheels. But I bet I can find at least a couple old uniforms ... pm me with bids. :D

chcr

Too cute for words
:rofl:

Wasn't there a thread once about the State of the Union address????????

*Hence the name of the forum*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
wait, bush did cartwheels during the state of the union address?

did he say anything unexpected? I'm just curious, I don't want to read any transcripts, I'm too lazy, was it the status quo speak

strong, fight terror, stand tall, god?