Stem Cell Research - A moral question

Kruz said:
One of the disease's that stem cell research could possibly cure runs in my family, I watched my father slowly die from it, as well as most of his siblings.. I have a 50/50 chance of having it to. whatever research that can help cure these dibilatating diseases must be done ! it's not fair that politics and religen stand in the way of relieving so much suffering for so many...
I know EXACTLY what you are saying hubby has , and now our children have a 50/50 chance-not only at one disease BUT 2...
But, now I take day by day and make ever minute with them as I can-can't sit any worry about wether they are going to get these diseases, but I will keep you in my prayers Kruz and may this :angel2: sit on on your shoulder and protect you hon.

Kruz said:
One of the disease's that stem cell research could possibly cure runs in my family, I watched my father slowly die from it, as well as most of his siblings.. I have a 50/50 chance of having it to. whatever research that can help cure these dibilatating diseases must be done ! it's not fair that politics and religen stand in the way of relieving so much suffering for so many...

The problem stems from the opinion that you are exchanging one life for another. The pro-life people are claiming that by associating the evil that is abortion with the good that is medical research, that you are painting both with the same brush. Guilt by association.

Pro-lifers would tell you that you are killing a completely innocent person in order to save one or more people who are less than perfect/innocent. That is unnacepteable.

I'm still irked by the fact that most GVT's won't allow testing on humans (even willing subjects) until it gets cleared through animal testing. Now, animal testing is all fine and good, but rats aren't humans. What if the results are different?

Back