Students file complaint against CU gun ban‏

Don't you all wish we were all 1/2 as smart as Jim? We are so lucky he is among us! He is so special! I think he should be our new president!

Gee I'm just learning so much! Perhaps I will one day be smart enough to stock my house with a large arsenal of firearms and maybe start a militia and take on that pesky old uncle Sam that wants to opress smart folks like Jim!

He must be independently wealthy as much time as he has to compile article after article all slanted neatly his way. I wonder what he does for a living? Big oil? Perhaps he is in the medical profession?

Don't you all wish we were all 1/2 as smart as Jim? We are so lucky he is among us! He is so special! I think he should be our new president!

Gee I'm just learning so much! Perhaps I will one day be smart enough to stock my house with a large arsenal of firearms and maybe start a militia and take on that pesky old uncle Sam that wants to opress smart folks like Jim!

I've read most of your posts. None of them seem to have any substance to them except to denigrate what others say. I believe that if you tried something other than ridicule or sarcasm, you might do better...and you might get a little respect.

BTW...you spelled oppress wrong. ;)

You're in luck. You are half as smart as Jim.

I've read most of your posts. None of them seem to have any substance to them except to denigrate what others say. I believe that if you tried something other than ridicule or sarcasm, you might do better...and you might get a little respect.

BTW...you spelled oppress wrong. ;)

His atrocious spelling aside, he is a troll and an agent provocateur and made my ignore list in twenty posts flat. He has no substance, has never posted a link or cite to support any of his contentions and makes Spike seem downright lucid.

Interesting that the banner ad at the bottom of the thread is for BB pistols and a reference to the NRA firearm safety course.

I never used the words "the students" in any post prior to yours. You better clean that little window in your bellybutton so you can read what I posted.

You know that you have a tendency to make illogical sweeping generalizations and I wanted to make sure you knew you were talking about a few students and not the majority of the students.

Calm it down there Jim. Trying and failing to make some insult in each post is not necessary.

What I did post was "It seems that students are tired of being placed in situations were they can get their asses shot off ..." You want me to qualify that? Okay.

It seems that SOME students -- WHO HAVE FORMED A GROUP CALLED STUDENTS FOR CONCEALED CARRY ON CAMPUS (SCCC) -- are tired of being placed in situations were they can get their asses shot off. I guess that those who do not have any concern with getting their ass shot off are the ones willing to get their asses shot off? I think not.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there as those last sentences don't make much sense. It would seem that some students are interested in concealed carry and others are probably against it. Is that what you meant?

Here in CO UNC does allow CCW on campus and have you heard anything about UNC in the news lately?

Utah allows CCW on all of their campuses and have you heard anything about any shootings on Utah campuses lately?

I'm can't imagine what your point would be here since there's really no logical conclusion to be drawn from those sentences.

There was the Trolley Square shootings but the Trolley Square Mall was clearly posted that there are no firearms allowed in the mall. Hmmmm. I wonder why the shooter chose to go there instead of one of the local universities?

I woud imagine because large groups of people gather there. Perhaps he knew the place well also. Seems that since the shooter died any speculation about that would be purely guessing.

Yeah, they tell us that we are paranoid about meeting up with an armed criminal intent on doing us harm.

What they always fail to explain is why they are paranoid of meeting up with an armed law abiding citizen who has no intention of doing them any harm.

I don't think most people are afraid of law abiding citizens that have no intention of doing them harm but are able to recognize that most guns used in crimes are orginally bought legally.

You may have noticed that H20 himself characterized gun owners as someone you shouldn't insult at close range as if they are psychos or something.

Actually he's made jim look downright foolish quickly with well reasoned responses. Jim threw a temper tantrum about it which was pretty funny.

Denigrating, ridicule, and sarcasm is somehting you do fairly often though. I'd watch making that accusation if I were you.

VT not only had a firearms ban in place at the time of the shootings, they had actively lobbied to keep those policies in place.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/04/virginia-tech-shooting.html

Just to show that the idiots in charge of schools have learned nothing from these incidents, I present this:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/2516/
I like this bit.
"would allow counselors, faculty members, and health professionals to break confidentiality laws if they suspect that a gun owner might go on a shooting spree"

The shooter in this case even talked about going on the spree before the actual event. Including photos of himself with the rifle in question in MySpace. The gun club where he went had members who were worried about his behaviour and attitude.

He was a LEGAL GUN OWNER and FULLY REGISTERED.

He only became a criminal when he entered the school armed and opened fire.:mad:

VT not only had a firearms ban in place at the time of the shootings, they had actively lobbied to keep those policies in place.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/04/virginia-tech-shooting.html

Just to show that the idiots in charge of schools have learned nothing from these incidents, I present this:

http://chronicle.com/news/article/2516/

Murder rate stats.
Montreal hits record...low!
By way of comparison, Phoenix, a U.S. city of similar to size to Montreal, recorded more than 200 homicides last year. Philadelphia, with close to Montreal's population, had nearly 400.

But guns are meant to kill people

But we have rights to guns

Ban knives and cars then too

Only criminals don't have permits.

Control will keep us safe.

Guns will keep us safe.

Any jerk can have a gun.

(did I miss any of the usual arguements.)

Often times it's the fearful pantywaists that are so scared of the world that they feel the need to carry a gun everywhere they go. Seems like there's a good chance that people that don't feel the need to carry a gun everywhere are most likely less fearful.

yeah youre right. cops dont need guns, they carry them because theyre afraid

moron

Wait, stay away or hide behind them? I don't think you can do both at the same time.

pretty evident to anyone capable of elementary reading coprehension. if that rules you out so be it

Why from a distance? Are you saying most gun owners are psychotic hotheads that will break the law and shoot at you just for insulting them?
nope thats your bag. and i would absolutely love to watch you do it

I don't suppose you have any evidence...?

doesn't need it. all he has to do a reply to a question with a question that eludes the original discussion and hes a genious apparantly

That would imply thought, a conclusion unwarranted by the evidence at hand.

Once again, evidenced by the educated brilliance of your posts, so far. Your participation in these discussions is a marvel of thought & innovation. Thank you for your insight & inspiring wisdom.

Other than taking away the inherent right of self-defense and creating a population of unarmed victims reliant upon the state for the percieved safety offered by the police, I can see no use for disarming citizens.

I wonder how far a Mumbai attack would have gotten in the U.S.?

When seconds count, the Police are minutes away!!

Other than taking away the inherent right of self-defense and creating a population of unarmed victims reliant upon the state for the percieved safety offered by the police, I can see no use for disarming citizens.

I wonder how far a Mumbai attack would have gotten in the U.S.?

When seconds count, the Police are minutes away!!
Equally far.

A few civilians armed with handguns vs. a few terrorists armed with grenades, machine-guns and other explosives.

*If you're a civilian with a gun, shooting or trying to shoot at terrorists when the police arrive. What makes you think that you won't get shot at by the cops? It's not like terrorists wear uniforms and wave flags saying "Here I am"

These terrorists were civilians with guns...looking exactly as other civilians with guns would look like.

In other words...the 'good guys' will look exactly like the 'bad guys' in your Wild West, all-comers welcome scenario.

Equally far.

A few civilians armed with handguns vs. a few terrorists armed with grenades, machine-guns and other explosives.

*If you're a civilian with a gun, shooting or trying to shoot at terrorists when the police arrive. What makes you think that you won't get shot at by the cops? It's not like terrorists wear uniforms and wave flags saying "Here I am"

These terrorists were civilians with guns...looking exactly as other civilians with guns would look like.

In other words...the 'good guys' will look exactly like the 'bad guys' in your Wild West, all-comers welcome scenario.

The good guys would be the ones pointing their guns at the guys shooting everyone else. I think I could sort that out pretty well.

Back