The argument for VEGETARIANISM

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
nodnod said:
If they want to cut back on methane emissions perhaps they should consider shutting down Taco Bell.

In my opinion I believe that being a vegetarian is a personal insult to GOD but like I said that is my own opinion.
hey you, long time no see! :wave:

unclehobart

It seems illogical to me to promote the idea of making more food by way of reducing food production. If it is food that you wish to produce, then you need to produce food from good land that isn't being used for food at all. I wonder how much vegetable matter can be made from the prime land of city parks, churches, national monuments, national forests, sports arenas, zoos, schools, graveyards, mini malls... heck... all housing itself. Everyone should be reassigned into 100 story skyscrapers packed shoulder to shoulder, hotbunking it on navy style cots stacked from floor to ceiling in three sleeping shifts. All exercise, recreation and sex ahould be banned to prevent useless caloric expenditure. Attempts to promote a healthy lifestyle should be punished severely as it is the duty of every human to die as early as possible so that they wont waste their share on the uselessness of old age. All crops that have no nutritive value should be abolished: coffee, tea, sugar, spices. All they do is waste land. All animals of a non-productive nature should be slain to prevent their consumption of world resources ... especially pets. Mandatory drug therapy should be imposed to artificially supress the metabolism of everyone on the planet. A computer monitored feeding tube should be imbedded into the digestive tract of every newborn that squirts a measured amount of nutritive goo capable of minimal sustaining of life. Heck... why not require everyone to wear special sod-suits with soybeans growing out of it that is fed and watered by the special collection ports within the suit itself that distribute the urine and feces of the owner? Ban teeth brushing. It kills the goo on the gumline that if left unchecked would surely be adding a good 10 calories a day to the average diet on the sly. Build robots to perform the heavy calorie tasks and force everyone to move as little as possible. The Matrix had some good ideas... but it simply didn't go far enough.

Winky

A Big Juicy home made medium rare cheeseburger slathered with inglehoffer mustard and Mayonaise.

Mmmmm...

Wacky Nacky

Thulsa Doom said:
we high and mighty snobby countries can give third world countries so that superstitions and misbeliefs dont make things 1000 times worse.
Well, US is high and mighty. We went into Iraq, and they hated us for it. So imagine how those 3rd world countries are going to feel when we come waltzing right in trying to change everything. I bet they'd retaliate and try to kill our sorry asses. They don't want any help. Because they're proud ignorants.

I don't mind vegetarianism. About the weight thing? I'm considered "obese" even though I'm compact (I weigh 174lbs), and I didn't get there by eating too much meat. Actually, the protein in meat is supposed to use more energy for your body to process it. I got fat by eating too many *carbs.*

I think I might be anit-veganist. Because isn't that where you can't eat any products that comes from animals? Milk comes from cows. If cows are not milked, they will be in a lot of pain and possibly die.

ETA : By the way, I believe in ending world hunger by letting the problem solve itself. However, I think a "mercy" kill should be offered. As in a choice : live starving, or be euthanised and die in your sleep. :$ I personally think this world's getting too crowded already :/

Professur

Someone answer me this. Which animal is fatter, a tiger, or an elephant? Now, which one's the vegetarian?

MrBishop

Professur said:
Someone answer me this. Which animal is fatter, a tiger, or an elephant? Now, which one's the vegetarian?

Which one is fatter...an Elephant or a Blue Whale?
Now...which one is the vegetarian and which one eats 'meat' *Crustaceans actually...)

Humans are not Tigers, nor are we Whales, or Elephants. We are animals, but animals who are meant to be omnivorous. We're supposed to eat a little bit of everything...we don't. We eat a whole LOT of meat, very little veggies and fruits, precious few nuts and grains...then we wonder why we're so fat, unhealthy and listless :rolleyes:

MrBishop

Wacky Nacky said:
I got fat by eating too many *carbs.*

You got fat by eating too many carbs and not burning away the calories that come with it. Carbs become fat because their energy isn't used up...it goes into storage until it's ready to be used...the first to be used BTW...but if it's never used...is sticks around.

Sorry...

MrBishop

Unc - reduce one in order to replace it with another...not starve everyone or employ draconian methods to reduce intake.

I must admit that it was funny though. :)

BoP - Somewhat simplified responce on my part as well (I'm a B.A. Sociology/Minors in Anth) :D

Mirlyn

Wacky Nacky said:
I think I might be anit-veganist. Because isn't that where you can't eat any products that comes from animals? Milk comes from cows. If cows are not milked, they will be in a lot of pain and possibly die.
Save a cow...drink milk.

I like that.... :D

unclehobart

MrBishop said:
Unc - reduce one in order to replace it with another...not starve everyone or employ draconian methods to reduce intake.

I must admit that it was funny though. :)

BoP - Somewhat simplified responce on my part as well (I'm a B.A. Sociology/Minors in Anth) :D
I'm just glad someone read it. :) I was beginning to think that I tried too hard again to be funny.

Thats the complicated way in any case. The easy answer is to just herd about 5 billion off of the cliffs of the world lemming style. The really complicated way would be to achieve a Star Trek utopia and start verminizing the universe.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
One question that I've asked before, and can be construed to be insulting.

How much intelligence does it require to sneak up on a leaf? ;)