the bodies under the deck

Inkara1 said:
Hmm... guess I had the wrong take. I thought you guys had started a cult, and had started drinking lots of Cult 45 while watching the Indianapolis Cults play. My bad.

Substitute Belgian Trappist ale and the Texans, and you're not too far off....

HomeLAN said:
Substitute Belgian Trappist ale and the Texans, and you're not too far off....
ooh ooh...or north coast brewing co's 2004 old stock ale and the saints....although both have heartily disappointed me this weekend.

unclehobart said:
I'm just waiting for the assault weapons ban to drop so I can buy some real firepower to hunt this demon down. Nothing short of a collapsable stock and a 30+ round clip will do when hunting tiny demons such as this.

Try a garden-hose. Most animals won't live in a wet den. Soak the deck daily...whatever this is will get the message and find another home. Worked for me...and I was dealing with skunks. :D

Garden hose? common sense? rational demaenor? What do you take me for? ... a Canadian? GIVE ME HIGH EXPLOSIVES AND WEAK BEER!!... FOR I AM AMERICAN!!!

How about that super soaker pressure washer you bought? Isn't that kinda like an assault garden hose?

Said pressure washer was loaned to my father who left it out in the elements for a season... so it works... less than often. *sigh* Can't complain too much. The man did so much for me. Hes entitled to a wee bit of lattitude.

*raises a beer*

Wait a minute. How the hell can something designed to handle huge volumes of high pressure h2o be damaged my exposure to weather?

Professur said:
Wait a minute. How the hell can something designed to handle huge volumes of high pressure h2o be damaged my exposure to weather?
rust is a motherfucker?

Water can back up into the exhaust and flood the muffler and god knows what. The things aren't invicible. You still need fuel, spark, air and and unrestricted flow of the whole 'in-out' business.

Just think of what a pain the minivan is. The automotive mechanics of the 50s was a beautiful thing... but not tight as a drum and efficient. Its the modern 'efficiencies' that make stuff freaky.

Professur said:
But :confused: What kind of pressure washer rusts? The damn thing is designed to be wet.
so is a woman...but leave me out in the elements for weeks on end and see if you can get me started at your will :shrug:

If you were gonna make me that kinda offer, you should have planned to say longer. A week in the lake, and I'd wager you'd be more than happy to get warmed up, any way possible. At least, that's how the missus gets after her midnight swim.

Unc, I 'am' a certified "small engine mechanic", and engineer.
I've fixed/modified many a washer to make them work better for that type of thing.
Next time your around this way, throw it in the back.
I'm not in the business, anymore, so I don't usually charge for it, what
unless you need some parts. ;)

tonksy said:
so is a woman...but leave me out in the elements for weeks on end and see if you can get me started at your will :shrug:

Pfft.....the best way to warm something up is heat.....and friction causes heat.....start rubbing two things together and yer'll soon feel yerself warming up ;)

A few points here -

1. I'm surprised no one said I should burn for my Indianapolis Cults pun.

2. Would the bottom of the deck dry out quick enough to keep the wood from rotting if you pressure-washed it?

3. Pressure washers are only designed to handle water in specific areas. The carburetor is not one of them.

Cat,
I plan on taking one more shot at it. I really should start looking for a 12v 350ma charging unit to replace the one dad lost. It has a 2 way start: battery/push button or manual cord. The first time getting it started after its been sitting for 100 days is always a pain. The battery hasn't been used in over a year and is probably KIA.

DeVilbiss 6hp EXB2525ES

Inky,
Nah... it wouldn't rot. Rain and general water contact isn't all that harming... unless the contact is constant and never gets a chance to dry. The main enemy is the sun itself. Properly sealing will keep a deck happy for 30 years.

After rooting about under the correct engine it would appear that the Briggs site is only concerned with the engine mechanics itself. It makes it seem as if my particular machine never had the electronic bypass at all. It may be strictly an aftermarket thing.

Back