the book i just bought

dan

just browsing the second hand book stall at the uni market thingy, noticed a small, thick sleeveless hardback, titled

"United Grand Lodge of England Constitutions

Supreme Grand Chapter Regulations

Grand Charity Consitution and Regulations"

it's the rule-book on how to be a free-mason! :eek:

searched through it, failed to find details of the secret handshake

Q

Explain this free mason thing to me. I've heard of it, but I really don't know anything about it.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Whoa, if theres names in that book, someone is gonna get their ass kicked. :eek:

Q

If you know something PT....you better start typing. I need to know about the Free Mason shit now.:whorebng:

PT

The Masonic Temple. It's a club similiar to the Moose, Elk, or Lions Clubs, but they are VERY secretive. They hold ceremonies that only members can attend. My wife was a member when she was a teenager, and still holds the books in the highest regard. She won't even let me look at them. I've seen them once.

Q

Sounds weird. You shoulda snuck those babies out and read them instead of wasting time doing the laundry and cleaning up the house when she went away for the weekend :D Will she be going out of town again anytime soon?

PT

You may have also heard of the Shriners, they are the people that ride the little motorcycles and gokarts in parades, weaving in and out of each other. The Masons, in the name of the Shriners donate Millions each year to childrens hospitals, and have a few hospitals of their own. Alot of the work these hospitals do is free for the patient.

Q

I know of the shriners too, but not too much about them either. I did know about the hospital stuff though. Very cool :wink2:

PT

The Shriners are the Free Masons. I think it's part of the secret thing. It all is kinda weird though, makes you wonder if they're doing sacrifices in there or something.

PT

Q said:
Sounds weird. You shoulda snuck those babies out and read them instead of wasting time doing the laundry and cleaning up the house when she went away for the weekend :D Will she be going out of town again anytime soon?

Hell NO!, if she found out I read The Book, she'd either divorce me or make me a part of the next ceremony. :erm:

Q

When I worked in Tallahasse I worked with a guy that was going to become a Free Mason. He told me some way bizarre shit they supposedly can do....like walk through walls or disappear...make things disappear...something *scratches head* We were at a company xmas party at the time. I figured he was just hammered.

Q

PuterTutor said:
Q said:

Hell NO!, if she found out I read The Book, she'd either divorce me or make me a part of the next ceremony. :erm:
I'd do it :D

PT

Yes, it definitely borders on a cult rather than an organization. I'm not sure how religon works in it though, as I know there are both Catholics and Baptists that are members of the local club. The one thing about it is that you won't often know who is a member, unless you see them going into the temple, riding the motorcycles, or if you happen to notice the ring they wear, it is a very distinctive ring. They won't often tell you they are a member, and to become a member you can't hardly just ask, you are selected.

Q

I guess if you get all the merit badges when you're a kid, you gotta come up with something to keep the excitment in the club when you're an adult :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
PuterTutor said:
The Masonic Temple. It's a club similiar to the Moose, Elk, or Lions Clubs, but they are VERY secretive. They hold ceremonies that only members can attend. My wife was a member when she was a teenager, and still holds the books in the highest regard. She won't even let me look at them. I've seen them once.

Ummm, PT...You're wife was not a Mason. She was an Eastern Star. Only men can be freemasons, and no, Q, I can't tell you about them either. My father is a member, and he won't tell me.

As for sacrifices...the freemasons are a Judeo-Christian organization, and does not practice such uncivilized things. That much I'm absolutely sure of.

Gato_Solo

PuterTutor said:
Yes, it definitely borders on a cult rather than an organization. I'm not sure how religon works in it though, as I know there are both Catholics and Baptists that are members of the local club. The one thing about it is that you won't often know who is a member, unless you see them going into the temple, riding the motorcycles, or if you happen to notice the ring they wear, it is a very distinctive ring. They won't often tell you they are a member, and to become a member you can't hardly just ask, you are selected.

Wrong answer. You must request an active member to join, and, if you can pass muster, you're in.

PT

See, I know nothing. You are correct though, she was an Eastern Star, but that is somehow part of the Masons.

Gato_Solo

Beats me. I just know that my father has quite a few of them...

Eastern Stars are the female version, but they have different requirements. My mother is an Eastern Star.

PT

My wifes sister was a Grand Matron something something. I think she still goes, but my wife hasn't been in years, unless she's going and not telling me. :hmm: