The Budget

well now, I wasn't JUST a machinist....
I was the shop Manager. (draftsman, electrician, computer CAM/CAD tech...)
I've got a few other professions under my belt as well. Not to mention
degrees in mechanics, and agriculture.
oh, and I've also driven a truck. :D

But naw, it don't take a rocket scientist.

better a has been, than a never was

and now you are just a drain on society?

into the FEMA boxcar with you!

oh I still contrite, just not as much.

There was a time I'd liked to have had a boxcar though.
I've lost it all on 3 occasions.
but I digress

I'm happy to be assumed nothing, or even less. ;)

All us truckers are simply stupid. Same with you machinists, 'cept you have to read the manual.

All us truckers are simply stupid. Same with you machinists, 'cept you have to read the manual.

I learned the same way as docking a truck, 'on the job'.
I didn't by some books about management when I moved into that position,
but only acquired a few more tricks than my mom, and dad taught me over the years.
My dad own his own dental lab for years, and my mom was an accountant.
My dad couldn't even read much until his late 30's, yet he owned his own business.
Ain't America Great?

You know what I find interesting? Some people think that, just because they got a degree, that they are, somehow, smarter than the people who do not have a degree, even though they cannot exist without the people who do not have degrees.

Cue the dancing bear...

You know what I find interesting? Some people think that, just because they got a degree, that they are, somehow, smarter than the people who do not have a degree, even though they cannot exist without the people who do not have degrees.
hmmmm. something tells me you haven't thought this 'who is the dependent' thing out fully. ever heard of sharecroppers?

but you are correct in the sense that there will always be low cost of entry jobs. somebody needs to sweep the floor. and load the trucks.

let's not forget that thomas jefferson was very much among the educated elite.

sure, there's brilliant people without degrees. and there's dipshits with degrees.

and it's also obvious who can think their way out of a simple puzzle, and who cannot. often this is reflected in what they end up doing with their lives. but there are plenty of highly intelligent under-performers who end up chugging cock for pocket money.

elect the avaerage Joe Yo

yet he own his own business.

w00t.gif

and for more than 30 years.
Been dead now over 5, and I still have it....about 100' feet from me right now.
Still all set up, but I've been using it for just for storage quite a few years now.
I use the little high speed lathe for other things somewhat often.

The last 10 years of his life, dad could read at a normal/nominal level.:wink2:

hmmmm. something tells me you haven't thought this 'who is the dependent' thing out fully. ever heard of sharecroppers?

but you are correct in the sense that there will always be low cost of entry jobs. somebody needs to sweep the floor. and load the trucks.

let's not forget that thomas jefferson was very much among the educated elite.

sure, there's brilliant people without degrees. and there's dipshits with degrees.

and it's also obvious who can think their way out of a simple puzzle, and who cannot. often this is reflected in what they end up doing with their lives. but there are plenty of highly intelligent under-performers who end up chugging cock for pocket money.

Swing and a miss...

right... and this is coming from a guy whose employer owns him?

sorry ace, but, the worker bees are a commodity that is easily replaced. they are 'productive' but not nearly as much as the machines that have replaced many of them.

if you're looking for systemic dependency, take a look in the mirror. proles are proles are proles.

lol minks, it sounds like you could find an excuse to dismiss Anybody.

It must be a lonely life not trusting in anyone besides yourself.

1. it sounds like you could find an excuse to dismiss Anybody.

2. It must be a lonely life not trusting in anyone besides yourself.

1. just like you dismiss in waffle-like fashion anything that does not conform to your super, er, suspicions.

2. not at all. i just don't trust certain opinions. in that way i suppose i'm just like gonz. i don't like how the right has debased itself to the point of superstition. gonz don't like commies. whatever.

proles are proles are proles.

Yes sir, they are. The proles barely have 6th grade educations. They are HS dropouts. They may have associate degrees, or they may have pHD's. We're all just worker bees. If you work for the US Army or are in a Manhattan high-rise suite, drive trucks or push buttons at the local atomic power plant, you are replaceable by someone else. Until you own & run your own company or have a life altering discovery, ain;t none of us special.

Back