The gig is up!

OK, I am tired of the lies!

I am, of course, formerly known as markjs, and would like to be re-instated. It took you guys way longer than I would have figured to publicly accuse me of it, especially being as the only thing different was my handle and small deception. I never even attempted to be anything but myself in my postings. I wish to apologize to all of you for the deception, and all of those I offended so much as markjs, particularly fury and Gonz. This is why I never, until now, publicly said anything on the matter. I only had to directly lie to one member because at the time I was suspicious he was trying to find out for more than just his own knowledge and at the time I wasn't ready to be cast back into the void.

I have to say I went through a time in my detoxing right around the one year mark where I was definitely a few cards short of a full deck. I said some things here I regret deeply, but I am still clean, going on 3 years December 8th. Thankfully I didn't damage any of my real life personal relations during that time. Things have improved for me a lot. Remember I was not just a hardcore meth head but I am bipolar. Both issues are much better these days and I am still actively involved in 12 step recovery.

You see what happened is that I was just fine without this place for a long time, but I got bored one day and started reading the posts again. Then I noticed that another member, who had been banned as a result of his interactions with me, got a get out of jail free card. The right thing to do would have been to somehow ask for reinstatement too, but that isn't all of why I re-joined. It still took some time before I came back but this lunacy was the cheese that sprung the trap.

I wish to state for the record that I have no hard feelings toward anyone, even the other guy who was banned and resurrected. He still bugs me but in a much more polite manner, (for him in any case) and I really could give a crap anymore anyway.

So if you ban randomJACKASS there is nothing I can or will do unless I get bored again or unless you block via ip. I hope to stay on, but I'd prefer to just go back to markjs if that was possible and you could ban this one, or if you want me to bear this handle (which I like a lot anyway) is it possible to give me my entire combined post count and original join date? If that is possible I'd love it if you could do it as either user id. I could have done this by PM but I really do my best to live the program and value honesty greatly; I felt as well, that I owe everyone, not just Gonz and fury the apology. Thanks and no matter what your decision is, I wish you all be blessed with all the things in life that I want for myself.

Sincerely, Mark J Sherrell

OTC ROCKS!!!

:beardbng:

Altron

This is like when the guy with a pink bedroom, a lisp, a rainbow scarf, and tight leather pants decides to finally come out of the closet, to the surprise of... no one.

Did you see all the sly little hints that many of us were on to you? There's been a lot in the past 2 months or so. I liked prof's the best.

Some, depending on how "sly". I just wish there was a way to determine the exact date of the first actual accusation. It was surprisingly long after randomJACKASS was born. I actually am not sure which ID I like better, but most important to me, is that if allowed to stay, that my join date be corrected back to April 2002, being as I was one of the originals.

Can you believe that ridiculous thread Jim posted that reeled me back in? There is something in that one to piss anyone off, or make them laugh their ass off or both. It was ingenious....It has to have been a set-up....

And now Jim is gone....

*sniff*

MrBishop

:shrug: Welcome back... you wouldn't be the first *banned* and re-instated member of OTC, right Altron? ;)

The technical side of merging two member's posts is a toughie. I've played with vbulletin on several sites and don't recall being able to do that at all. Merging threads is easy, moving thread 'ownership' is another story entirely. Perhaps a programming issue, but that's something fury would have to do...and may take quite a bit more time than he has on hand.

We need all the membership and posts that we can get.

2minkey

bootlicker
what a clever deception. yawn.

i realize having more members and more posts is super duper, but why would anyone want to reinstate a known liar?

Yeah, 2minkey, the very reincarnation of Honest Abe himself!
I am OK with whatever decision is made, but after what bish said, I guess I'd just rather be markjs then.

Cerise

Exactly who did you think you were fooling?

I knew something was up when you (as Jackass) countered jimpeels sig of a mjs quote with a jimpeel quote in your own sig. And that was back in December '08.

Duh.

2minkey

bootlicker
i haven't lied about anything, jackass.

you've lied about yourself in a foundational way, and used that lie to help make high drama all over the place.

that, sir, is totally balls.

if there's anything that disrupts the kind of tight-knit community this place once (apparently, so i have read) was, it's that kind of shenanigan.

Cerise

The technical side of merging two member's posts is a toughie.

tosr070_07.jpg

Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

tosr070_22.jpg

i haven't lied about anything, jackass.

you've lied about yourself in a foundational way, and used that lie to help make high drama all over the place.

that, sir, is totally balls.

if there's anything that disrupts the kind of tight-knit community this place once (apparently, so i have read) was, it's that kind of shenanigan.

Well I am attempting to clear it up. I know I ought to do jail time since I can't live up to your level of perfection, but what are ya gonnna do?

I mean my apology with all sincerity and have nothing personal against anyone here. If they let me stay in one form or another you know there is always an ignore feature.

2minkey

bootlicker
since I can't live up to your level of perfection

see, this is the kind of imaginary bullshit woe-is-me drama that really makes it hard to have any respect for you. and it really tends to diminish the perceived sincerity in your admission of having been deceptive. think about stepping off the victim train.

see, this is the kind of imaginary bullshit woe-is-me drama that really makes it hard to have any respect for you. and it really tends to diminish the perceived sincerity in your admission of having been deceptive. think about stepping off the victim train.

See this is what pisses me off about you. I meant it sarcastically, not personally. I realize what I did wasn't cool and I am sorry to EVERYONE, including you. I'd like to make good. Please accept my apology and let me move forward pending any official decision.

I'm not the victim, and never thought I was for a second, but I am trying to be contrite, but to scold me....Well you know how I am, or you sure ought to by now. But again, can we make peace?