• Vegemite (the best)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Marmite (road tar)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

staffrodore

Ok so enough's enough, which is better, marmite or Vegemite.

Vegemite for me, I dont see how people can eat marmite, it tastes and looks like scraped up road tar.....

they are both narsty! narsty, narsty, narsty!....not that i am suppressing any bad childhood memories of toasted marmite sandwiches or anything...ok so maybe i am.

We have few threads on this very subject already. Some are quite fascinating... if for nothing more than seeing people from the old days talking again.

I find that vegemite is more cooperative for sandwich-like and cold applications (except dips) with less of a salt bite edge. Marmite seems to work better as a soup stock. It makes a ripping French onion soup. I like them both... but nothing beats bovril.

Marmite - french for an iron pot - not all that tasty.
Vegemite - a word used in the lyrics for "Land down under" by some group whose name eludes me.

WTF are they anyway?

Its condensed brewers yeast I do believe ... with a few add-ons; very vegan, very nutritious. Its taste is like popping a beef bullion cube into your mouth.

unclehobart said:
We have few threads on this very subject already. Some are quite fascinating... if for nothing more than seeing people from the old days talking again.
I'm consistent in my revulsion.

:sick: *puke*

I'd rather be dipped in Gravy Train and thrown to a pack of crazed poodles... :sick:

okay so i will admit the marmite can beneficial in stews and soups and whatnot but to consume it directly on toast is like pouring worchestershire sauce on your fucking english muffin. it's just completely unsavory.

*sigh* You furriners are just clueless.

Proper application of Marmite:

It MUST go on vogel's bread, or some other kibbled "swiss" style bread.
The bread must be well-toated, to slightly burnt.
Liberal with the butter! Toast must be dripping wet....
Now... application of marmite - it's not feckin' honey... you don't smear it on. Just a nice light coating will do...

Eat, enjoy. :drool:

Back