The merciful Lord Barac

If you've been asleep all week, here's the recap: Wooten was locked in a custody battle with Palin's sister. Palin fired Monegan in July, saying she wanted to move the department in a different direction.

Monegan has said he felt pressured to get rid of Wooten, and now the Legislature has hired an investigator to find out if there was anything fishy about his dismissal by the governor. Palin says Wooten had nothing to do with it.

French said the question is whether Palin or her aides broke ethical rules in their handling of the Wooten issue.

"The thing it's going to come down to is whether you have clear evidence that what was motivating them was a bad reason. The administration is totally free to get rid of bad troopers, as long as the reason them thinking he's bad is related to his recent job performance.

On Wednesday, Palin released a recording of a phone call between one of her directors, Frank Bailey, and a trooper lieutenant outlining various complaints against Wooten -- from drunken driving to lying on an application..... http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/494556.html

How soon do you think that "investigation" will prove nothing? :shrug:

Looks like just another waste of taxpayer money on a non-issue. How much you want to bet that the hiring had people screaming nepotism?

"homo-" is the prefix of the root "sexual". That prefix is of Greek origin, not Latin as you stated. You were wrong and couldn't accept it. That says far more about you than it ever could of me.

I showed you to be wrong and you do a Spike on me. Is it impossible for you to simply admit that you were wrong? Instead you start weaseling around with words like "homo erectus" which, by the way, IS of Latin origin -- homo meaning "man" -- literally "erect man". Standing erect for your edification.

jim, you're just not getting it. i acknowledged that homo is a greek word and was borrowed by latin.

so, wait, homo is greek in the way you used it, and latin in.... the other way you're using it? is that what you are saying? oh, wait, you mean to say that in modern clinical or scientific usage the latin is more significant that the greek? hmmm. homosexual must be an ancient term then, huh? figure that one out.

you realize you telling someone else they have trouble accepting being wrong is pretty hilarious, right? and you realize this is just jimpeel theater, right, and that baiting your uptightedness is being nominated as a new event in the next olypic winter games?

how is this? you're right. about everything. you have my full concession on all questions. from now on, don't take any of my responses seriously at all. consider them all satire. i'm just a buffoon. do not engage in any discussion of facts or logic with me. see if you can do theat.

jim, you're just not getting it. i acknowledged that homo is a greek word and was borrowed by latin.

so, wait, homo is greek in the way you used it, and latin in.... the other way you're using it? is that what you are saying? oh, wait, you mean to say that in modern clinical or scientific usage the latin is more significant that the greek? hmmm. homosexual must be an ancient term then, huh? figure that one out.

you realize you telling someone else they have trouble accepting being wrong is pretty hilarious, right? and you realize this is just jimpeel theater, right, and that baiting your uptightedness is being nominated as a new event in the next olypic winter games?

how is this? you're right. about everything. you have my full concession on all questions. from now on, don't take any of my responses seriously at all. consider them all satire. i'm just a buffoon. do not engage in any discussion of facts or logic with me. see if you can do theat.

Dude. Take a valium. You're starting to remind me of spike...:p

Back