The Ministry of Propaganda

Naturalization is how you become a citizen. Immigration is how you enter the country.

The US has no Constitutional powers to regulate immigration....or print paper money.

Dunno. Wouldn't the naturalization clause constitute authority over all apsects of naturalization, including immigration?

As for paper money - it doesn't include a clause allowing a privately held corporation to control our money either. Let's dump the fedeal reserve & the paper currency.

Dunno. Wouldn't the naturalization clause constitute authority over all apsects of naturalization, including immigration?

No, you can have immigration without naturalization.

As for paper money - it doesn't include a clause allowing a privately held corporation to control our money either. Let's dump the fedeal reserve & the paper currency.

I dunno, it would suck luggin' around a couple hundred in coins.

Naturalization is different from immigration.

Looks like you're going to stay misinformed on this one I suppose.

From "Love and Marriage"
Ya can't have one,
Ya can't have one,
Ya can't have one,
Without the ooooooother

there were virtually no immigration laws before the turn of the (19th to 20th) century. then they started restricting "less desirable" groups.

From "Love and Marriage"
Ya can't have one,
Ya can't have one,
Ya can't have one,
Without the ooooooother

Love and marriage can certainly exist independently. So to can there be immigration without naturalization.

In 1786, there was little difference.

So you're sayin' times have changed and our laws have had to adjust? Interesting.

So you're sayin' times have changed and our laws have had to adjust? Interesting.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I don't know if there was a discernable difference between the two, at our founding. minkey is at least partially right, the rules started getting tougher around the 20th century. I'm not sure what was applicable before that.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I don't know if there was a discernable difference between the two, at our founding. minkey is at least partially right, the rules started getting tougher around the 20th century. I'm not sure what was applicable before that.

minkey is completely right. "before then" it was open immigration. just show up. later it became a lot easier to someone like me to get into the country than someone not of anglo or scandinavian ancestry.

funny you should mention that.

my old boss once went on a bitter rant along the lines of "they #&%$@# wouldn't let my mother come to the US from canada because she's polish and they classified slavs as $&#%@! inferior..."

Which is my point. It's not the skin color or the religion that stops immigration.

Turn on your TV

Anticipation is making me wait.....it's keeping me wai-ai-ai-aiting.

cartoon-but-wait-theres-more-515.jpg

Back