The pet peave that'll send you into a rage!

Only on the hood.
A real man dumps one on the driver's seat. (Actually, that was a real orangutan, wasn't it?)

Did you notice everyones pet peeve involves driving? Here's a non-driving one (when I grow up I wanna be a curmudgeon, I have a lot of them).
I get a lot of calls at work that go like this:
Idiot: My computer quit working (they don't have computers, they have terminals, but that's not it).
Me: What were you doing with it when it stopped?
Them: Nothing.
(Nothing? Then how in the hell do they know it's not working??????)
Me: *Sigh* Can you tell me the port it's on and what you're logged is as?
Them: I don't know.
At this point I frequently start getting sarcastic, but they don't notice.

Pet Peave #2

I used to take the subway and bus before I got my car... another thing that pisses me off is: When I give up my seat to someone (old, pregnant, crutches, whatever)...and some fuck takes the place before the person I gave it up for takes it.

On a similar vein, if the bus/subway is packed and no-one will stand to give up the seat for someone who needs it. Especially if the seats are packed with teens or tweens...

"You're young, dumb and full of cum...get the fuck up!!!"

:headbang:

MrBishop said:
On a similar vein, if the bus/subway is packed and no-one will stand to give up the seat for someone who needs it. Especially if the seats are packed with teens or tweens...

Speaking of curmudgeon...think about somebody else? That takes effort & courteousness. (makes ya wanna slap 'em silly doesn't it?)

One of my other pet peeves is when people blame us for their computer having shitty hardware.

One of my other pet peeves is when people blame us for their computer having shitty hardware.
They blame me because the company won't spring for new stuff.

Biggest pet peeve: People who think Service Plan means free replacement.

Or when they do realize that it doesn't mean that, they whine because they can't handle not having their laptop/microwave/stereo/whatever for 3-4 weeks while it gets sent to service (and fixed) and when it does come back, it sits on our shelf for another 3-4 weeks before they come to pick it up.

* w00t! 600! :headbang:

that's the way salespeople (especially at BB) push them. what really razzes me are the 2yr plans they've got for mice and what not. my fucking mouse dies so i take it in and they tell me i have to wait for them to send me a mailing label to mail them my mouse so they can send me a store credit for it. in the meantime i'm fucked because half my classwork is on my computer, which I could use without a mouse but that's a pain in the arse. sorry, i have to vent about BB once in a while.

Luis G said:
you can drive faster in the middle lane here, everybody chooses the highspeed lane, go figure.
driving in Mexico makes me crazy. cars are everywhere and you get honked at for everything

I hate to be interrupted.

People talking on a cell phone while driving 25mph.....in the fast lane.

People that just won't follow instructions.

People that don't respect property lines.

Rebate scams.

Deceitful people.

My biggest pet peeve is ppl who talk about something and do not inform themselves on the subject ie..Some war and anit war protestors. It makes a bad name for the entire group! I have an idea :idea: if someone makes a un-informed protest about something you put me within 50 feet with a sniper rifle of your choice! We'll see how long that un-informed protest lasts! :flame:

tommyj27 said:
driving in Mexico makes me crazy. cars are everywhere and you get honked at for everything

in which city did you drive?

tips to drive in Mexico:
1. As soon as the green light comes, speed up, if you take longer than 1sec you'll get "honked"
2. Using your signals to change lanes doesn't mean that you are allowed to change the lane, you must wait until somebody is willing to let you in, or do it "tight and accelerating" without making the other cars brake.
3. Drive fast, if you see a guy driving slow, honk him :D

Gonz said:
Mirlyn said:
People who think Service Plan means free replacement.

Many salesmen push that part.

Thats the problem. Might be true when he tells you that, but it is all based on service contracts with companies, which change by the day. All Sony, Pioneer, and Rockford Fosgate things are service (just to name a few). Period. We used to replace EMachines when they came back...so long as we could verifiy a defect (like a bad modem) we would replace the entire machine right then and there. Then they were changed to service, which means we would ship them off and have them fixed. Then we could do intermediate troubleshooting and repairs in the store under the warranty (not having to ship them off). Now some are service, some are back to immediate replacement. All depends on the manufacturers decision to allow service contracts and/or replacement parts availability.

tommyj27, they can do it in the store, but they're supposed to do it through corporate (the 888 number). It's up to the services manager...go to the tech area and ask for him when you bring it in. I'd bet if you're nice, and he/she's nice, you might be able to get it done. I do it quite a bit for people here...but only if they are polite.

Back