The religion of peace fears yoga

2minkey

bootlicker
Are you at all aware of the number of Muslims in Malasia or the percentage of Muslims worldwide that they represent?

does that government represent the muslims in turkey? do the wahabis represent the muslims in turkey? what's the difference between a sevener and twelver and why doesn't it matter so much to the original question?

don't bother answering.

spike

ah.

i'm not catholic either.

and yahoo answers is far from a serious source. but you knew that

Not sure what you being catholic or not has to do with anything. But it's pretty obvious that many christians fear yoga don't you think?

spike

Ted Bundy raped and murdered women and drove a red Volkswagen Beetle. Vis-a-vis, the drunken logic is that all men who drive red Volkswagen Beetles are murdering rapists.

Coming from the king of illogical generalizations I thought you would fully support an argument like that.

H2O boy

Not sure what you being catholic or not has to do with anything. But it's pretty obvious that many christians fear yoga don't you think?

its fairly simple

i'm not catholic. therefore i could not be less interested in what the pope thinks about anything in this world, as he means less than nothing to me.

buddhists dont really care what allah thinks either i'd imagine

comprende?

so if a billion catholics decide to eat only fish on fridays, that aint stopping me from wolfing down a bacon cheeseburger should the urge strike. if a billion catholics decide not to wear rubbers that dont mean a thing to me. if a billion catholics decide to be afraid of something, like yoga, that impacts me not in the least. because i'm not catholic.

broad brushes. i thought you understood that. guess not always. i'm rather certain, however, that you could give a detailed missive on the intricate differences between atheists and agnostics. amazing how much we pay attention to the shoes that fit us while remaining less learned about the rest. doesnt stop some from making generalizations though i suppose. the difference is one who engages in the same thing while calling another a hypocrite for doing it.

wouldnt you agree?

spike

its fairly simple

i'm not catholic. therefore i could not be less interested in what the pope thinks about anything in this world, as he means less than nothing to me.

buddhists dont really care what allah thinks either i'd imagine

comprende?

Well you asked for information about christians being against yoga. You did not ask for a specific sect so whatever sect you are in doesn't matter in the least in this conversation.

comprende?

On the other hand it if more people applied this "I don't care what other religions do" thing we wouldn't have this thread started. Which would probably have been for the best.

so if a billion catholics decide to eat only fish on fridays, that aint stopping me from wolfing down a bacon cheeseburger should the urge strike. if a billion catholics decide not to wear rubbers that dont mean a thing to me. if a billion catholics decide to be afraid of something, like yoga, that impacts me not in the least. because i'm not catholic.

This information again is not pertinent to the discussion. The fact is many christians (catholic and otherwise) fear yoga. The discussion was never about you personally so I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was.

broad brushes. i thought you understood that. guess not always. i'm rather certain, however, that you could give a detailed missive on the intricate differences between atheists and agnostics. amazing how much we pay attention to the shoes that fit us while remaining less learned about the rest. doesnt stop some from making generalizations though i suppose. the difference is one who engages in the same thing while calling another a hypocrite for doing it.

wouldnt you agree?

I suppose the point went completely over your head. Jim made a silly generalization so I pointed out the silliness of it by making another.

In reality some muslims fear yoga, some christians fear yoga. You following?

What was you point about agnostics and atheists? I'm not sure where you were trying to go with that one.

jimpeel

does that government represent the muslims in turkey? do the wahabis represent the muslims in turkey? what's the difference between a sevener and twelver and why doesn't it matter so much to the original question?

don't bother answering.
Isn't Malasia right next door to Turkey? I thought not, so how did Turkey come into the discussion? Are you in a Thanksgiving mood? Ya wanna get stuffed?

2minkey

bootlicker
...yeah the funny thing is that i always imagined that jim would wanna be the "catcher," the stuffee, if you will, given his previous rant about the heart and soul of everyman being the prostate...

Inkara1

Shit. When you mentioned restraints, and with the term "pigged" already out there... damn. Just damn. Now I've got a mental image of this old grandpa tied up with an apple shoved in his mouth taking it from behind in the handicap stall at a rest stop in eastern Oregon, with a Seattle hippie behind him holding a Starbucks cup in one hand, yelling, "Squeal, boy! Squeal!"

I now think I should go click the link to the gross pic BoP linked to of the stuff nesting in a boob. That would make for a better mental image.

Professur

Shit. When you mentioned restraints, and with the term "pigged" already out there... damn. Just damn. Now I've got a mental image of this old grandpa tied up with an apple shoved in his mouth taking it from behind in the handicap stall at a rest stop in eastern Oregon, with a Seattle hippie behind him holding a Starbucks cup in one hand, yelling, "Squeal, boy! Squeal!"

I now think I should go click the link to the gross pic BoP linked to of the stuff nesting in a boob. That would make for a better mental image.

dude, the wimmens in your life really fucked you up.

Inkara1

I'm not so sure the hippies are to blame for that... oh, also, today's engines are more powerful while getting better fuel economy.

2minkey

bootlicker
god damn do i hate hippies, the ruin horsepower of alot of cars in the 70's and into today.

yeah, um, mighta also been the two major oil shocks of the 70s and them pesky OPEC bastiches, heh?

hippies blabbed a lot but really didn't do shit. that's why the smarts ones said "fuck it" and became accountants.