The religion of peace fears yoga

jimpeel

irrational religious beliefs and intolerance need not have a negative effect on productivity. american has proven this many times over.

We are a melting pot of many religions which have codified freedom to practice that religion as they see fit.

In Malaysia, they have mostly one religion wherein the tenets are force fed and there is no tolerance, codified law, or freedom to practice.

jimpeel

Jim ... the pope long since banned birth control. How many roman catholic families do you know with over 18 kids?

Yes, but the Pope did not call for the beheading, maiming, or death of the offenders.

I, by the way, do not know anyone of any religion with over 18 kids. The most I know have six kids and they're Mormon.

jimpeel

burning at the stake is preferred, yes.

I much prefer the tactics of the Spanish Inquisition. Burning at the stake is so ... passe; and besides that was more of a Protestant method. Jean 'd Arc being a notable Catholic exception.

Besides, can you name anyone who has been burned at the stake since the inception of birth control? That was the subject of the post after all.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I much prefer the tactics of the Spanish Inquisition. Burning at the stake is so ... passe; and besides that was more of a Protestant method. Jean 'd Arc being a notable Catholic exception.

I can name 88 burned by roman catholics for heresy. But none for protestants.

Besides, can you name anyone who has been burned at the stake since the inception of birth control? That was the subject of the post after all.

I can name a bunch, mind you they where mostly in islamic countries.

H2O boy

yeah, but your worldly experience is confined to what you've been exposed to recently in junior high school.

i dare say i am older than you are. you've made numerous assertations of my purported youth and/or occupation without ever once simply asking what i do for a living. i've even stated that i am a father. that should indicate that i am indeed beyond junior high school, unless they routinely have junior high students who are parents where you live, which may be true. each guess you venture is further from the reality. it's quite entertaining though

chcr

Too cute for words
link please

:shrug: Seemed pretty straightforward to me. Evidently not to every one, huh?

2minkey

bootlicker
i dare say i am older than you are. you've made numerous assertations of my purported youth and/or occupation without ever once simply asking what i do for a living. i've even stated that i am a father. that should indicate that i am indeed beyond junior high school, unless they routinely have junior high students who are parents where you live, which may be true. each guess you venture is further from the reality. it's quite entertaining though

what do you do for a living?

H2O boy

i'm glad you asked. :)

i have a fascinating job. one that apparently qualifies me for almost anything else i might choose to do.

i'm what you could call a community organizer

jimpeel

I can name 88 burned by roman catholics for heresy. But none for protestants.

I guess you never heard of the Salem witch trials, eh?

I can name a bunch, mind you they where mostly in islamic countries.

They were burned by the Pope? Someone needs to go back and see just who we were speaking of when this discussion began.

Let me help ya out:

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=617088&postcount=22

Speaking about the Pope calling for beheading, maiming, or death of the offenders of the churches' birth control doctrine.

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=617089&postcount=23

Citing possible methodology for the Pope to use for the punishment of the birth control doctrine offenders.

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=617102&postcount=25

Fleeing nilly willy away from the subject changing it to Islam when Catholicism was the original subject.

Now, if you would like to get back on the track you so conveniently, and in true Liberal fashion, left behind while trying to divert the discussion you are quite welcome.

jimpeel

yes. and many of them have donw really wacky authoritative shit within their own churches and compounds.

Yes. As a sect or branch of Christianity NOT as Christianity as a whole nor at the direction of the Catholic church as a whole.

Ted Bundy raped and murdered women and drove a red Volkswagen Beetle. Vis-a-vis, the drunken logic is that all men who drive red Volkswagen Beetles are murdering rapists.

2minkey

bootlicker
Yes. As a sect or branch of Christianity NOT as Christianity as a whole nor at the direction of the Catholic church as a whole.

Ted Bundy raped and murdered women and drove a red Volkswagen Beetle. Vis-a-vis, the drunken logic is that all men who drive red Volkswagen Beetles are murdering rapists.

oh my god you wanna make pathetic attempt at playing clever logic games and teach me a lesson where there is none to teach. you're the only wanker making sweeping generalizations, jim. islam as a whole is not making the judgment about yoga. it's a certain bunch of folks in a certain place that happen to have power in a certain government. a lot of other muslims couldn't give a fuck about yoga. just like any reasonable christian doesn't give a fuck, either.

jimpeel

:shrug: Seemed pretty straightforward to me. Evidently not to every one, huh?

None of the given links calls for a ban on Catholics practicing Yoga. They merely state that the practice is incompatible with Catholic doctrine. Hardly a ban.

jimpeel

oh my god you wanna make pathetic attempt at playing clever logic games and teach me a lesson where there is none to teach. you're the only wanker making sweeping generalizations, jim. islam as a whole is not making the judgment about yoga. it's a certain bunch of folks in a certain place that happen to have power in a certain government. a lot of other muslims couldn't give a fuck about yoga. just like any reasonable christian doesn't give a fuck, either.

Are you at all aware of the number of Muslims in Malasia or the percentage of Muslims worldwide that they represent?

H2O boy

and now for a real answer...?

i think we'd all like a straightforward answer as to what a community organizer is

i take certain needs within the community and attempt to fill them in an organized manner with available resources, also from within the community often times. so i guess that qualifies me for a community organizer and therefore undisputed access to the oval office should i choose to campaign for it which, given our last set of options, might not be such a bad thing. i have as much experience dealing with foreign leaders as our elected one has

maybe i will run in '12

hint for minkey: that means i'm old enough to run. see, it's not all that difficult to string pieces of information together on your own instead of waiting for michael moore or oprah to do it for you. go ahead, try it sometime