The religion of peace fears yoga

H2O boy

Well you asked for information about christians being against yoga. You did not ask for a specific sect so whatever sect you are in doesn't matter in the least in this conversation.

comprende?

On the other hand it if more people applied this "I don't care what other religions do" thing we wouldn't have this thread started. Which would probably have been for the best.

This information again is not pertinent to the discussion. The fact is many christians (catholic and otherwise) fear yoga. The discussion was never about you personally so I'm not sure where you got the idea that it was.

I suppose the point went completely over your head. Jim made a silly generalization so I pointed out the silliness of it by making another.

In reality some muslims fear yoga, some christians fear yoga. You following?

whatever

What was you point about agnostics and atheists? I'm not sure where you were trying to go with that one.

its fairly simple really

to many people, there is no difference between a catholic and a protestant. since you choose to lump them together for the sake of making some misguided point, i felt the need to point out that there is indeed a difference. many in fact. to draw the comparison closer to home for you, i use two different mindsets of people who hold similar positions on the subject, namely atheists and agnostics. while many do not know or understand the differences in these viewpoints, i do and assume you do as well. it is also fairly evident from your prior comments in this and other topics which camp you align with more closely. hence, my assertation that you could go on endlessly about the differences in these sets of beliefs while apparently not knowing the difference between catholics and protestants

dumbing it down further for you, most adults with minimal education are aware that talking about a topic one actually knows something about is generally considered easier than talking about a topic one does not have much familiarity with. for example, i can discuss the subject of special education fairly intelligently as i have a child enrolled in classes for developmentally disabled children. i am less adept at discussing pie making as i don't make pies

that help any?

spike

I thought so.

to many people, there is no difference between a catholic and a protestant. since you choose to lump them together for the sake of making some misguided point, i felt the need to point out that there is indeed a difference.

You actually didn't point out any difference between christian sects. What you said was "I am not a catholic".

But yet again you have missed the point..."Jim made a silly generalization so I pointed out the silliness of it by making another".

Simplifying that for you even further: Jim made an illogical generalization about all muslims based on a news report about some muslims. As I've had discussions about yoga with evangelical christians in the past, know the catholic stance on the subject, and know that many protestants are against it. I made a generalization about all christians even though I know christians that are into yoga.

Simplifying even further I was not lumping people together to make a point, I was lumping them together to invalidate Jim's point.

I am completely aware of the difference between protestants and catholics, probably much more so than you are. I also happen to be aware that there are many different types of muslims. As it turns out your protest about lumping people together is actually supporting my argument. Although predictably you're more concerned with the lumping of christians than of muslims.

2minkey

bootlicker
As it turns out you protest about lumping people together is actually supporting my argument.

simpsons-doh.jpg

spike

That doesn't even make any sense. But if you're ready to bow out of another discussion with some nonsense attempt at an insult then be my guest.

H2O boy

ive just accepted that it is impossible to "discuss' anything with someone who is never open to anything except the ideas they choose to be spoonfed. you seldom answer abything choosing instead to sidetrack the topic at hand. you take six words from 300 and derail with them while ignoring the other 294. then try to deflect 'blame' for it to the other person, and when all else fails you jump up on a pedastal and declare that someone else is being evasive. its annoying and pointless so i leave you to your delusions

next post - spike claims to win the discussion and accuses me of running away. countdown commences in three...two...

jimpeel

ive just accepted that it is impossible to "discuss' anything with someone who is never open to anything except the ideas they choose to be spoonfed. you seldom answer abything choosing instead to sidetrack the topic at hand. you take six words from 300 and derail with them while ignoring the other 294. then try to deflect 'blame' for it to the other person, and when all else fails you jump up on a pedastal and declare that someone else is being evasive. its annoying and pointless so i leave you to your delusions

next post - spike claims to win the discussion and accuses me of running away. countdown commences in three...two...

Ah, you have discovered that Spike is nothing more than an agent provocateur. That is why he is on my ignore list.

Arguing with him is :banghead:

Trying to debate him is :banghead:

To reason with him is :banghead:

To ignore him is :swing: :banana: :toast: :thumbup: *party2* :bginvade: :crowd: :clap: :dance: *party* :jump:

Cut your losses and reduce your stress level.

spike

ive just accepted that it is impossible to "discuss' anything with someone who is never open to anything except the ideas they choose to be spoonfed. you seldom answer abything choosing instead to sidetrack the topic at hand.

Mind telling me what I wouldn't answer or what I wasn't open too? You just happen to have been mistaken that's all.

you take six words from 300 and derail with them while ignoring the other 294. then try to deflect 'blame' for it to the other person, and when all else fails you jump up on a pedastal and declare that someone else is being evasive. its annoying and pointless so i leave you to your delusions

Could you point out exactly how that happened in this thread? Because right now it looks like you're making a lot of empty accusations instead of a real argument.

Just back these accusations with some reality and I'll be glad to discuss it.

Here's how it went down:

1. Jim makes broad illogical generalizations about muslims

2. I make equal generalizations about christians

3. You say "hey prove that"

4. I prove that christians fear yoga

5. You say "hey don't lump all christians together"

6. I say "exactly, you're supporting my point"

7. You make vague insults, and weirdly accuse me of not being open to ideas?

So what ideas am I not open to?

spike

Ah, you have discovered that Spike is nothing more than an agent provocateur. That is why he is on my ignore list.

We all know your ignore list is bullshit as you keep replying to me. You were just tired of getting backed into a corner with your nonsense. You have no real arguments, debate, or reason. I imagine that is frustrating. So just put me on ignore for real, I would enjoy watching you continue to rant, ignorant to the fact that your crap has already derailed.