The snow is here

PrincessLissa

Our first REAL snow in Colorado. Everything else has just been a dusting or sprinkle of snow. We are now on Winter Storm Warning, which basically means, if you hit another car while driving, you are SOL and will have to deal with it after it snows. Roads are icy, people are driving like tards, and I am warming us up with homemade southern style chicken and dumplings.

Yummmmm....In Co the altitude is a bit high so the dumplings never come out perfect, but they are good enough to eat so that is all we worry about. :D

I would be quite content with getting no snow at all in Hamilton.

It can snow starting on Dec 18 in brampton (a nice coating the night of the 18th) because we're going to cut our tree on the 19th...and it can then keep snowing off and on (especially christmas eve) until mid jan and then stop :)

We've had it on the ground all week. The kids woke up and cried today cause it rained overnight and it's all melted away now.

We already had a big snowfall as a low pressure system that went south of us ended up giving us a ton of it off of the lake Wednesday, in fact set the record for that date as we got nearly 4 inches. Driving was a nightmare for most people as I-90 was totally crammed from Huntley (so far out it's not even really a suburb, closer to Rockford) to downtown, nearly 60 miles. :eek: My brother was smart to call us first and not even try that road that night. It's all melted already cause it hasn't been all that cold, still hovering around freezing.

Leslie said:
We've had it on the ground all week. The kids woke up and cried today cause it rained overnight and it's all melted away now.
In 3 months they will be crying because they will be sick of the snow.

Saturday afternoon I was tryin to get them to go outside and go sledding or boarding or somethin. They told me it's boring and cold and they didn't wanna.

It's gonna be a loooooooooong winter.

whistle.gif

I'm itching for the first decent snowfall. We've had a few flurries but nothing stuck at all. :(

Gimme 12" of sticky snow and watch me go. Love the stuff...looking forward to snowmen, snowballs, sledding, forts etc...

Winter is my fav season :D

The only thing that I want this Chrstmas is an RPG and a box of grenades...for the snowplow operators. They are the REAL bastards of winter!

Leslie said:
Saturday afternoon I was tryin to get them to go outside and go sledding or boarding or somethin. They told me it's boring and cold and they didn't wanna.

It's gonna be a loooooooooong winter.

Make 'em shovel the sidewalks...Then let slip that neighbors sometimes pay for such a task. They'll be gone at least 3 hours a day, hawking their skills. :devious:

So the snow is there, eh? Groovy...now keep it there. I hate the stuff. No, it isn't pretty. No it isn't peaceful. No, it isn't refreshing. Yes, it can feel quite like the holidays without it.

Bah and humbug indeed.

SouthernN'Proud said:
So the snow is there, eh? Groovy...now keep it there. I hate the stuff. No, it isn't pretty. No it isn't peaceful. No, it isn't refreshing. Yes, it can feel quite like the holidays without it.

Bah and humbug indeed.

Amen, brother.

SouthernN'Proud said:

Bah and humbug indeed.

*Agrees from Atlanta*

It's pretty...in the trees with the sun making it all sparkly...the first day.

HomeLAN said:
*Agrees from Atlanta*

But don't you get time off from work when it snows? I don't, but I like to watch the idiots thinking four-wheel-drive means they can stop on a dime on ice...Happens here in SC every time it snows. :D

Back