The (stupid) things we do...

Oh man you guys are reminding me of stuff...

In 10th grade science class we were paired off doing some kind of lab experiment. We were supposed to go around to things setup around the room and write down their properties. So we come up to a clear dish with a clear liquid in it. My friend Cindy says, what do you think it is? I said, duh! it's water. She said, maybe it isn't, does it smell? I said, here, I'll prove it. I stuck my nose right above it and took a big whiff. It was ammonia. Cindy didn't stop laughing, even when I fell down on the floor, unable to breathe.

Then there was the time I went camping and my friend Adam and I decided to go for a day hike. We filled up a water bottle from one of the coolers and set off. We stopped off and had a drink after a while and I noticed that the water tasted a little funny. When we got back, we mentioned it to the others and they freaked out. Once we put the water in a clear container, we saw why. It came from the cooler that had all the meat in it and the water was thick with debris and had a pinkish red color to it. :sick:

I actually crapped green for the next few days. I like green, but not that much.

Where I grew up, err, corporal punishment was routinely practiced. But only on the boys. The girls would get detention. Anyways, when you did something bad the teacher would punish you in front of the class. He would usually call you to the front and ask you to bend over, and then whack you. Most of the time it is a cane, about 4 feet long and 1/4" in diameter. If it was a little thing, like talking in class and distracting other students, you'd get 1 whack. If it was a little worse, you'd get 2.., 3, etc., up to 6. Six was the maximum they would give to you, or at least we never had any more than that.

Anyways, it is rather painful. I usually couldn't sit for an hour or so. It itched and burnt like mad... lol. It was also considered a status the guy that holds the record that week / semester for the most hits. If a group fucked up, they would line you up and paddle you one by one. Ooh, and erm, :blush:, we would sometimes compare our butts in the washroom to see who got it worst. The teachers knew about this and they constantly grinned and asked "so who got it worst?" when they handed it out to a group.

For some reason, I was one of those top performers... I made the record first a few times (yes I'm damn proud of that :p). I dunno, I guess I averaged 1/2 hits a week sometimes, usually for talking. I talked a lot in class because it bored me.

ANYWAYS... Shit we did? How about stealing the arm gadget that makes the bell ring at school? Me and three buddies decided it would be good so we sort of managed to get both bells disabled. Oh and believe me, the teachers were surprised, annoyed, pissed off, and angry at us. They had to go out and shout to the students to come in, which of course we would conveniently pretend not to hear...

They were *very* annoyed and just ignored the incident. I was rather astonished at that, and we thought we got off. But no, that Friday during assembly the principal addressed the school to discuss this behavior. Yadda yadda yadda, we felt uncomfortable but what was done was done. He dismissed everyone except the grade 6ers and 7ers. And then the dreaded question... "Who did it? Please stand up now."

Now I'm pretty sure most of the other kids in my grade knew it was me and my three friends, but no one rapped. Unfortunately, and I hate it when teachers do this, the principal told us that if we don't come forward, he will punish everyone (everyone is just the grade 6 and 7, they ruled out grade 5 and below). I felt very uncomfortable because I don't want to be responsible for something like that, even though I know the guys wouldn't mind because they thought it was cool. And I could see my friends were uncomfortable too, so ... I stood up, hoping my friends would just keep down. No need for them to get into trouble.

Well, they didn't, and all four of us got 6 of the best, detention, and a crap loud of homework. But I still think it was worth it. :D

Jerrek said:
Where I grew up, err, corporal punishment was routinely practiced. But only on the boys. The girls would get detention. Anyways, when you did something bad the teacher would punish you in front of the class. He would usually call you to the front and ask you to bend over, and then whack you. Most of the time it is a cane, about 4 feet long and 1/4" in diameter. If it was a little thing, like talking in class and distracting other students, you'd get 1 whack. If it was a little worse, you'd get 2.., 3, etc., up to 6. Six was the maximum they would give to you, or at least we never had any more than that.

Anyways, it is rather painful. I usually couldn't sit for an hour or so. It itched and burnt like mad... lol. It was also considered a status the guy that holds the record that week / semester for the most hits. If a group fucked up, they would line you up and paddle you one by one. Ooh, and erm, :blush:, we would sometimes compare our butts in the washroom to see who got it worst. The teachers knew about this and they constantly grinned and asked "so who got it worst?" when they handed it out to a group.

For some reason, I was one of those top performers... I made the record first a few times (yes I'm damn proud of that :p). I dunno, I guess I averaged 1/2 hits a week sometimes, usually for talking. I talked a lot in class because it bored me.

ANYWAYS... Shit we did? How about stealing the arm gadget that makes the bell ring at school? Me and three buddies decided it would be good so we sort of managed to get both bells disabled. Oh and believe me, the teachers were surprised, annoyed, pissed off, and angry at us. They had to go out and shout to the students to come in, which of course we would conveniently pretend not to hear...

They were *very* annoyed and just ignored the incident. I was rather astonished at that, and we thought we got off. But no, that Friday during assembly the principal addressed the school to discuss this behavior. Yadda yadda yadda, we felt uncomfortable but what was done was done. He dismissed everyone except the grade 6ers and 7ers. And then the dreaded question... "Who did it? Please stand up now."

Now I'm pretty sure most of the other kids in my grade knew it was me and my three friends, but no one rapped. Unfortunately, and I hate it when teachers do this, the principal told us that if we don't come forward, he will punish everyone (everyone is just the grade 6 and 7, they ruled out grade 5 and below). I felt very uncomfortable because I don't want to be responsible for something like that, even though I know the guys wouldn't mind because they thought it was cool. And I could see my friends were uncomfortable too, so ... I stood up, hoping my friends would just keep down. No need for them to get into trouble.

Well, they didn't, and all four of us got 6 of the best, detention, and a crap loud of homework. But I still think it was worth it. :D

I'da said , "fuck it, whatcha gonna gimme this time?" Detention? (oh well), suspension? (so what), more wacks?, an' then what? What 'ave I not had here? (was my thought).

Not healthy, not positive, but in my junior high/high-school mind, I was unwillin' to bear the appearent 'futility' of the 'authority which seemed impersonal, 'uninformed', an' helpless to change the home scene I had to deal with.

Sad, that at 14, we think we really 'ave it 'all' figured out............guess in our own worlds, we did............'least in our minds. But none could've known, (at the time), we'd live to see the truth find us ..................."empty-handed", an' feelin' so alone..........:(

My dad had an ulcer years back and the doctor gave him some prescription anti gas medication. He thought he was supposed to swallow them but it turned out that he was supposed to drop them into a glass of water and then drink it. For the next ten minutes i watched him sit there and burp uncontrolably. Homer Simpson would have been proud.

Back