They don't like free speech

more fun with Muhammed & Jane

r1363645636.jpg

Gonz said:
That's true but 9/11 has specific meaning. I doubt Ali Limbali would say 11/9 on his European talk show.

11/9 makes much more sense. 9/11 seems your emergency phone number :p

2006_02_05t133027_450x300_us_religion_cartoons.jpg

[edit]IRONY of the week:

As the Muslim assholes started fires in the Danish Embassy, starting on the ground floor & working their way up, they failed to remember to leave themselves an exit. Guess what non-Muslim group rescued them...

Those Danes should be more sensitive and not so mean spirited, hopefully they will get some cultural diversity training to learn to respect people from other cultures. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/02/04/do0402.xml

It's some time since I visited Palestine, so I may be out of date, but I don't remember seeing many Danish flags on sale there. Not much demand, I suppose. I raise the question because, as soon as the row about the cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in Jyllands-Posten broke, angry Muslims popped up in Gaza City, and many other places, well supplied with Danish flags ready to burn. (In doing so, by the way, they offered a mortal insult to the most sacred symbol of my own religion, Christianity, since the Danish flag has a cross on it, but let that pass.)

Why were those Danish flags to hand? Who built up the stockpile so that they could be quickly dragged out right across the Muslim world and burnt where television cameras would come and look? The more you study this story of "spontaneous" Muslim rage, the odder it seems.

The complained-of cartoons first appeared in October; they have provoked such fury only now. As reported in this newspaper yesterday, it turns out that a group of Danish imams circulated the images to brethren in Muslim countries. When they did so, they included in their package three other, much more offensive cartoons which had not appeared in Jyllands-Posten but were lumped together so that many thought they had.

There is no reason to doubt that Muslims worry very much about depictions of Mohammed. Like many, chiefly Protestant, Christians, they fear idolatry. But, as I write, I have beside me a learned book about Islamic art and architecture which shows numerous Muslim paintings from Turkey, Persia, Arabia and so on. These depict the Prophet preaching, having visions, being fed by his wet nurse, going on his Night-Journey to heaven, etc. The truth is that in Islam, as in Christianity, not everyone agrees about what is permissible.

islm_cartoon_6.jpg

Relax, Europe. It's only those damn pesky 'youths' at it again:
islm_sm_cartoon_7.gif

http://www.debka.com/

Six killed as second week begins of worldwide Muslim protests over press cartoons satirizing Muhammed

February 2, 2006, 9:32 AM (GMT+02:00)

UK police are under pressure to take action against increasingly unruly rallies after 100 complaints were filed against enraged Muslims bearing aloft banners that read: Massacre the blasphemers; Behead those who insult Islam; Europe, take lessons from 9/11; You’ll come crawling when the mujahedeen fight. Some youths masked their faces with Arab head-cloths and one dressed as a suicide bomber "to make a point." No British paper reprinted the Danish caricatures which sparked the world Muslim demonstrations.

Palestinian rioters hurled stones at European offices in Gaza City for second attack in a week and pulled down the EU flag. In Tel Aviv, scores of Israel Muslims demonstrated outside the Danish embassy chanting “With blood we will redeem our Prophet.”

Has the LMSPM dared to publish a dreaded cartoon in the U.S.? Aaaww, they don't want to get the Muslims fired up? Light them up and hear the ka-boom: The left needs to see another reminder of how the Religion of Peace expresses their love for their prophet. What a better way than tearing down 'The Old Gray Lady', though I would have to predict in the U.S. their riots would show minimal damage and would be short-lived.

Sun Tzu said:
If your opponent is tempermental, seek to irritate him.

islamispoopy.jpg

France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain all carried some of the drawings

Perhaps I've been drivng trucks too long & my brain has become feeble due to the exhust fumes. I can't seem to find one mention of ISRAEL in that list. The Iranians have , however.

Iran's most popular daily newspaper, Hamshahri, is set to initiate a Holocaust cartoon contest in what it says is a response to cartoons disparaging Islam's prophet Muhammad published in a Danish newspaper.

"This will be an international cartoon competition on the topic of the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazawi, the paper's graphic editor.

Source

Fuck it, can we just level the entire region & start over?

America isn't perfect, far from it, but we're a damn sight closer than people who feel justified in beheading others for making fucking cartoons...

Altron said:
America isn't perfect, far from it, but we're a damn sight closer than people who feel justified in beheading others for making fucking cartoons...
Well, I haven't seen any mention yet of anyone getting killed. Remember they're in Europe so they are gonna have to step things up a bit if they don't want to be outdone by the soccer riots.

flavio said:
Well, I haven't seen any mention yet of anyone getting killed. Remember they're in Europe so they are gonna have to step things up a bit if they don't want to be outdone by the soccer riots.

Since they are in Europe (i.e. they have laws), I bet somewhere is written that inciting to violence is illegal, let alone beheading.

Back