They don't like free speech

chcr said:
Sorry Gonz, religion or sports it's about idiots.

This is true, However, Christian, Muslim & heathen sports fans riot in th ename of the game. I'm still waiting for the Catholic smocked fanatics to begin beheading Hollywood figures.

The outcry was deafening in its roar. Not a peep was heard form Paris.

Cause...Paris is the voice of... :confuse3:

All this shit goes on over here (although it's guns and bombs instead of beheading) all the time. Clinics bombed, people executed by nutbars, government buildings bombed, adults and children alike kidnapped and/or killed for ransom or ideology, riots in which buildings and property are set on fire, innocents killed in gangwars cause some hoochie looked at some other hoochie's babydaddy, school children held hostage by crazy fuckers. Organized gangs controlling cities. Our children are shooting each other up in schools. So often in fact that we barely hear about it anymore. It makes the local news and that's it. Too bad there's not enough outrage and public reaction to stop the shit, huh?

There's loonies and fuckheads in every part of society. Some use God as their excuse. Some don't even bother to have an excuse. It's all the same. It sucks and we can't make it stop.

It's nice and neat and easy to have bogeymen, but we have to stop believing in him sometime and get real, don't we?

Leslie said:
Cause...Paris is the voice of... :confuse3:

Radical Mulsims

Leslie said:
All this shit goes on over here (although it's guns and bombs instead of beheading) all the time. Clinics bombed, people executed by nutbars, government buildings bombed, adults and children alike kidnapped and/or killed for ransom or ideology, riots in which buildings and property are set on fire, innocents killed in gangwars cause some hoochie looked at some other hoochie's babydaddy, school children held hostage by crazy fuckers. Organized gangs controlling cities. Our children are shooting each other up in schools. So often in fact that we barely hear about it anymore. It makes the local news and that's it. Too bad there's not enough outrage and public reaction to stop the shit, huh?

Must suck to live in Barrie. (NOT Toronto) Everytime I hear of a radical using the Christian religion as an exucse, I hear the Christians come out of the wood work to denoubce said actions.

Leslie said:
There's loonies and fuckheads in every part of society. Some use God as their excuse. Some don't even bother to have an excuse. It's all the same. It sucks and we can't make it stop.

It's nice and neat and easy to have bogeymen, but we have to stop believing in him sometime and get real, don't we?

Make it stop using the ages old way. Justice. The minute the good guy feels guilty for stopping the bad guy or loudly questions legitimate methods for stopping the bad guy, the bad guys gains courage. The boogie man is real. We're just trying to stop him.

Here's the scaryass radical Paris Muslims -

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1160506,00.html?promoid=rss_top

I see attempts at outrage here, and omg I watch your news too, it's there, till the next soundbyte comes, anyway. I also see Muslim outrage over acts bad Muslims do. I sometimes have to look for it though, cause it's not a good soundbyte, now is it? Maybe you're not looking for it. It keeps being insinuated that there is no 'outrage', and were only there enough outrage, this problem would somehow magically disappear. A) that's bullshit, of course there is B) that's bullshit, it obviously isn't true, judging by what goes on in our own backyards.

I don't need a bogeyman myself. I don't quite see why you think we do. I'm happy with focusing on, blaming, catching, and punishing the actual individuals responsible for the whatever. Everyone who might someday possibly be kind of sort of like him in a way, not so much.

And that justice thing? Things are getting worse, not better, everywhere.

It's not that boogeymen are "needed". They simply arise. It's happened throughout history. Some person or movement has made itself a threat to everyone else. The hun in 400 AD, the mongol in 1200, the Nazi in 1940, the radical muslim in 2001, and countless others.

That you steadfastly refuse to "get real" and recognize this one matters not at all.

I've looked for outrage over the acts of zealots. I've found outrage. Too bad I had to actively pursue it when it comes to muslims. They may be rabid over the actions of a few in their name. I actually assume they are. However, until they make it clear to the world that they are pissed & find these actions objectionable, or preferably morally reprehensible, I will stand by my belief that they, as a group, are accepting terrorism as a valid tool.

The boogie-man is not some made up childrens character. He is real. He has several names & faces (see HomeLANs short but poignant list). He is ever changing & ever present. I don't want Stalin to exist. I fight to keep power from Marx. Unfortunately, far too often, the sheep fall in line while being led to the wolfs den before calling in the big dogs (who were barking the whole time.)

Leslie said:
And that justice thing? Things are getting worse, not better, everywhere.
I could not disagree more.

http://www.popetown.com/

home2_02.gif

that they, as a group, are accepting terrorism as a valid tool.

By that standard, then, all religious groups accept terrorism as a valid tool. There are Hindu terrorists but not all Hindus speak against it, same with Christians, Muslims, other Pagan religions.

Back