This bitch got off way too easy...

Sleeping Giant

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/st...ff/story/0001/20040706/1810893600.htm&sc=1110

Mother Pleads Guilty to Killing Newborns
By BEN DOBBIN

CANANDAIGUA, N.Y. (AP) - A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to killing two of her newborns, one on Mother's Day last year while her husband and two children slept, and hiding their bodies in concrete.

Stacy DeBeer, 31, agreed to plead guilty in exchange for two consecutive terms of 15 years to life in prison. She would not be eligible for parole until she served 30 years, prosecutor R. Michael Tantillo said.

Before dawn on May 11, 2003 - Mother's Day and her 29th birthday - DeBeer said she gave birth on her living-room couch, placed the infant girl in a garbage bag and hid the body. She told police she killed another newborn, also a girl, five years earlier.

DeBeer told relatives she was pregnant last year. When a baby failed to materialize, a suspicious relative snooping around the basement of DeBeer's home in Farmington found the body encased in concrete in a plastic pail.

The other child's body was then found in a bucket of concrete left in a shed at DeBeer's former home in Canadice, another rural town in western New York.

Her husband Brian DeBeer, 32, was charged with hindering prosecution by helping hide the first infant in 1998. His trial could be held in August. The couple have an 8-year-old son and a 7-year-old daughter who are being cared for by relatives.

DeBeer's sentencing was set for July 20. If convicted at trial, she could have drawn up to 50 years to life in prison.

Calls to her lawyer, Robert Zimmerman, were not immediately returned. Zimmerman had explored the possibility of defending DeBeer on grounds she suffered from a mental disease or defect.

DeBeer, who pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder, said in an interview after her arrest in January that she wanted to avoid ``a lengthy, drawn-out trial.''

``I shook so hard when they were born, then I killed them,'' DeBeer tearfully told a caseworker. ``I never meant for my life to be so out of control. I never meant to hurt Brian and the kids.''

Uki Chick

Totally fucked up woman. Considering the amount of people who look to adopt children because they can't have their own, this woman could have done otherwise.

You have to be seriously sick in the head to kill your own child. To give birth, experience that miracle and take that life away can only be done by a very disturbed person. She needs some psychiatric help too.

Professur

I think we need to feel less anger and more pity where this woman's concerned. Something's obviously wrong with her, mentally. Possibly hormones (not to be sexist) or something of that nature. To carry the baby to term, and then kill it doesn't make sense.

Her husband, on the other hand, has no such excuse. HE needs to be beaten. If he couldn't have known enough to protect the first one, he damn well knew enough to know the second needed protection.

Wacky Nacky

Professur said:
Her husband, on the other hand, has no such excuse. HE needs to be beaten. If he couldn't have known enough to protect the first one, he damn well knew enough to know the second needed protection.
Well, wait a minute, he might not have. We don't know if she was manipulative of him or not. Perhaps she was, since she seems like a very weepy woman. He could love her, and most people don't want to see their loved ones sad, to the point that they'll do anything for their loved ones.

So perhaps she had promised him throughout the 2nd pregnancy that she would take care of the child, and then when the child came, she was overwhelmed when she killed it. Or perhaps she didn't tell him of the pregnancy and just refused intimacy with him or refused to let him see how big her body had gotten from the baby? Who knows? :s

Personally, now that you've said that we should pity her, I kind of do. I'd love to hear her reason as to why she killed the babies though. Why not get an abortion?

Professur

Wacky Nacky said:
Personally, now that you've said that we should pity her, I kind of do. I'd love to hear her reason as to why she killed the babies though. Why not get an abortion?

Exactly my point. You can practically get them free these days. Why carry it to term, and then .... It doesn't make sense.

But where the man's concerned, uhuh. Sorry. That doesn't wash. I just went through 9 months of hell with my wife. But that's the husband's job. To steady her. To protect, and defend. If she was "manipulating" him, or whatever excuse you wanna put up ... IMHO he quit. And where I'm concerned, that's a stoning offence.

Wacky Nacky

Professur said:
Exactly my point. You can practically get them free these days. Why carry it to term, and then .... It doesn't make sense.

But where the man's concerned, uhuh. Sorry. That doesn't wash. I just went through 9 months of hell with my wife. But that's the husband's job. To steady her. To protect, and defend. If she was "manipulating" him, or whatever excuse you wanna put up ... IMHO he quit. And where I'm concerned, that's a stoning offence.

But she could have said she was getting help from a therapist or something. You don't know the situation.

I am defending the husband because my father married my mother who had BPD (borderline personality disorder, click here for more info on what it is). If my mother were the woman, gaurenteed, she would have been able to tell my father that she had gotten help and that she was all better.

You don't really know how high functioning this woman (Stacy) could be at times. You don't know the whole story behind the scenes as to what went on between her and her husband, certainly not enough to judge her husband. This is why I give her husband the benefit of the doubt. That and you're innocent until proven guilty. So perhaps her husband is innocent of knowing enough to save the 2nd child. At least, that's what I think :$

HomeLAN

I agree. If you ignore that kind of warning through a second pregnancy, you're entirely culpable. No excuse.

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:
Did he keep a better watch those two times?
:shrug: I've lived with insanity of a lesser of greater degree all of my life, and I don't state taht I understand it. Maybe she didn't have this issue for the first two kids? Maybe he was more watchful then?

I just hope that she gets the help and that they're two living children get placed into a healthy home.

tonksy

wait just a cotton picking minute! this man lets his wife give birth on the fucking couch and kill the child...why didn't he take her to the hospital? why didn't he call an ambulance? having a baby is not a quiet thing. it's not a bowel movement. it takes a while and is hard work...labor, right? so how could he have missed it? was he not home? and if not, where was he whilst his 9 month pregnant babykilling wife was home alone long enough to do this? i say he is very much partly responsible for the death of this baby.

MrBishop

tonksy said:
wait just a cotton picking minute! this man lets his wife give birth on the fucking couch and kill the child...why didn't he take her to the hospital? why didn't he call an ambulance? having a baby is not a quiet thing. it's not a bowel movement. it takes a while and is hard work...labor, right? so how could he have missed it? was he not home? and if not, where was he whilst his 9 month pregnant babykilling wife was home alone long enough to do this? i say he is very much partly responsible for the death of this baby.

If she didn't tell him that she was in labour and he was at work, he couldn't interfere. Not all births take 18+ hours....thank God!

Not all men can stay at home for that last month, or last few weeks. I know that I couldn't...I got a cel-phone instead.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Once again, we seem to have a problem here. A woman commits 2 acts of murder, and the husband is taking some of the blame. Mind you, he's only alleged to know about the first birth. The same attitude was present here when Andrea Yates killed her children...her husband was somehow at fault. Fact is...women commit murder the same as men do, and sliding even some of the blame onto her spouse/partner seems to be the defense for this heinous act. You folks need to justify your own posts on this one...whether the husband is indeed guilty of hiding the murders, or not.

tonksy

MrBishop said:
If she didn't tell him that she was in labour and he was at work, he couldn't interfere. Not all births take 18+ hours....thank God!

Not all men can stay at home for that last month, or last few weeks. I know that I couldn't...I got a cel-phone instead.
yeah, but your wife never killed her newborn.

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
Once again, we seem to have a problem here. A woman commits 2 acts of murder, and the husband is taking some of the blame. Mind you, he's only alleged to know about the first birth. The same attitude was present here when Andrea Yates killed her children...her husband was somehow at fault. Fact is...women commit murder the same as men do, and sliding even some of the blame onto her spouse/partner seems to be the defense for this heinous act. You folks need to justify your own posts on this one...whether the husband is indeed guilty of hiding the murders, or not.
the woman is guilty, guilty, guilty. i do not care if she is sick. she is guilty. so is he.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
the woman is guilty, guilty, guilty. i do not care if she is sick. she is guilty. so is he.

You made my point for me, tonksy. So far, the only thing he's guilty of is marrying a murderer and a manipulator. If it had been the husband who killed the newborns, and the wife who did nothing, then you folks wouldn't be so quick to judge the woman, would you? Think it over before you respond...

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
You made my point for me, tonksy. So far, the only thing he's guilty of is marrying a murderer and a manipulator. If it had been the husband who killed the newborns, and the wife who did nothing, then you folks wouldn't be so quick to judge the woman, would you? Think it over before you respond...
no. she is a murderer. he is an accomplice. if my husband killed someone i would turn him in. murder is murder. he covered for her. maybe twice. she should fry. he should serve jail time. she is much much worse but he is a guilty party too. if it was the other way around my view would be the same....actually i feel more anger towards the woman than the man. not to say that men don't have the natural parenting instinct but for a woman to kill her own newborn is...abhorrant.

A.B.Normal

Gato_Solo said:

Case in point http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13529&highlight=farah I didn't see anybody calling for the wifes prosecution although she was found guilty and sentenced to 15yrs.