This guy's obviously seen "Pi" too many times...

greenfreak

What, Brazil? A quote from imdb.com: "A bureaucrat in a retro-future world tries to correct an administrative error and himself becomes an enemy of the state"

It got 8 out of 10 stars there. :shrug: I guess I'm not all that hip, it bored me to sleep, literally.

ris

like greenie said they used to [still do] use it to relieve pressure on the brain. in medieval times it was believed that trapaning [i think that's what is was called] could fix all kinds of stuff.

greenfreak

HBO had aired a show (probably America: Undercover) about a woman who still practices trepanation on herself. They showed her doing it. :disgust2:

flavio

Banned
chcr said:
greenfreak said:
I guess I'm not all that hip, it bored me to sleep, literally.
Me too, GF. I didn't think it was art, just odd.

I remember finding Brazil entertaining, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

Requiem for a Dream is here at IMDB where it got a 8.5/10.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
PuterTutor said:
I'm betting he had a headache that just wouldn't go away

That's was my first thought. Well, at least he's been removed from the gene pool.

chcr

Too cute for words
Thanks for the link, Flavio. I think I'll rent it. As for Brazil, I just found it slow and not very entertaining. If we all liked the same stuff, all the TV shows would be like American Idol, and I'm pretty sure the voices would be able to talk me into killing people at that point. :D

a13antichrist

PuterTutor said:
He saw his goal and he obtained it, through all adversarys.

"Adversaries" are people - opponents, enemies. I don't remember there being a mention of a line of people he had to drill through before he got to his own temple - and in any case they'd hardly be trying to stop him, would they? :p

Oh yeah, and "Momento" and "Mulholland Drive" (same director) are other fucked-up films to check out. :)

greenfreak

Memento was definately different, and something that made my head hurt at times... Haven't seen Mulholland Drive yet, I have no idea what it's about but we should probably rent that too.

This is good, you're building a rental list for me when there aren't any good new releases to rent. It still amazes me that I can walk through miles of new releases and not find ONE that is worth the money (and that I haven't seen yet).

a13antichrist

The cool thing is that you could do a whole lot of reading on Mulholland Drive to discover the story, etc beforehand and after you watch it you STILL won't understand a goddamn thing.. :D

RD_151

How is that flavio, I've been meaning to watch that. I forgot the end to Pi, acutally, I still can't remember. I'll have to watch it again soon too.

greenfreak

Donnie Darko... *writes on list* This is another one Rusty mentioned before but we never rented. For some reason I equated it with Darkwing Duck when I first saw the name and thought it was a cartoon or something. :D

a13, I hate reading about movies and effects and stuff before I see it, it just ruins it for me. There's all this information about the new special effects in the Matrix: Reloaded movie but I don't want to know till after I've seen it.

Which reminds me, I still haven't watched the special features on the Matrix DVD we bought.

ris

mulholland drive and memento are by different directors but explorer similar themes of inverted and folded story lines and their convergences.

memento [chris nolan dir] is a superb film, i really enjoyed it in the cinema. the present is told backwards with the past interspersed. the end links the characters and half-plots together.

mulholland drive is another david lynch [twin peaks] film that continues a previously investigated idea [in the lost highway] of apparent parallelity. its better that highway but still a enjoyable mind-screwup :D

a13antichrist

greenfreak said:
a13, I hate reading about movies and effects and stuff before I see it, it just ruins it for me.

Not a chance on this one, like I said you could read everything there is to read about the film beforehand and still be totally clueless once you've watched it.. ;)

I could have sworn they were both David Lynch though.. oh well.. in any case most (if not all) of his other films are fucked up too.

greenfreak

a13antichrist said:
greenfreak said:
a13, I hate reading about movies and effects and stuff before I see it, it just ruins it for me.

Not a chance on this one, like I said you could read everything there is to read about the film beforehand and still be totally clueless once you've watched it.. ;)

I could have sworn they were both David Lynch though.. oh well.. in any case most (if not all) of his other films are fucked up too.

Crap, I guess I'll have to rent it when I'm feeling extra intellectual. Or when I feel like overloading my brain. :tardbang:

Will you be available for explinations or are you still confused about it too? :D