Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, I'm still enjoying myself

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Keep it for the history

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
If jimpeel is truly gone, so is this place, I give it three months....

:grinyes:

I've run the statistical analysis!

:lloyd:

Or at least things are gonna happen a lot more slowly until someone with that jackass's energy and enthusiasm level joins up or returns!

We need another interesting crusader (troll)!

:flame: Who dares fill this void?!? :flame:

If jimpeel is truly gone, so is this place, I give it three months....

:grinyes:

I've run the statistical analysis!

:lloyd:

Or at least things are gonna happen a lot more slowly until someone with that jackass's energy and enthusiasm level joins up or returns!

We need another interesting crusader (troll)!

:flame: Who dares fill this void?!? :flame:

Hmmmm... a very enthusiastic troll.... how are we EVAR gonna find one of those?

The ads have made a grand total of about 6 bucks in a little over 2 months. But don't let the financial burden of keeping this site open have any weight in the discussion (an anonymous benefactor named Andy has been keeping us alive for pretty much the last few years even through my times of financial fuck-uppage). Plus, I really don't want people to be looking for excuses to list off as to why I should cut bait. It's only as dead as the people who post here, and from what I can see, it's pretty lively.

The Real World forum has maintained a distinct separation on this site for quite a while, allowing those of us who 1) enjoy a good throwdown, or 2) can't help but join in (like watching the scene of a car wreck) a break from the monotony of small talk, deep philosophical (yet politically neutral) discussion, and random appearances by fury. It's like having a second but closely related forum, as easy to avoid as it is to be drawn in.

The talk of the town used to be Lunatic Lounge and Kiddie Korner, where spamming & fun threads ran up the daily post count to some number in the hundreds or thousands. This is all well and good, but how long can you talk about nothing in particular? If there was much left to be said about it, those would still be the most active forums. Current events are far more interesting topics to the current crowd, and while the posts per day in the last few months has been in the 2 to 3 digit range, that just means there is a higher quality of post on average.

10,000 post threads are part of our history, that's how things hit the ground running here and nobody's gonna forget that. But that posting style has less relevance to the current community. I don't think that means the place is dead or old. Just different.

If it's change everybody wants, then let's look to the future, not to the past. Let's talk about where we want this community to go, not where we want to go back to.

everything changes
as long as there's as much freedom of speech as can be,
anything can go any way.

IMO this board has a persona like no other.

Back