today's tour in my city, pics inside

Luis G said:
I was able to see this abandoned statue in the back of the Temple of San Agustin, i think it is beautiful.

For some reason I'm realy interested in this one. Do you have a bigger version of that picture or any more of it?

If you need a place to put it my favorite new gallery site is www.fox302.com. You can even upload a .zip file with all your pics and it automatically makes a gallery out of it.

edit: Oh yeah, the rest of them are very nice as well. It looks like a couple beautiful spots. What's the population of this city?

Morelia's population is somewhere between 900k-1 million.

I don't have any other pics of it, in order to take that pic i had to put my arm thru a fence and take the shot. I uploaded the high-res version of the pic into that site, my user name is.........Luis_G :D

I have higher res version of all the pics (1280x960), and i will upload a higher res version upon request :)

your city has some beautiful places, Luis :wink2:

* is definitely coming for a visit next year

in the first pic, what is that tree with the purple leaves? it's really striking :)

How tall is the tallest bulding in your city? Is there a broad section of what would be considered the modern day glass and steel New York look?

flavio, no prob, i understand you had to rotate it :D

les, yes, it has purple leaves, they turn kind of pink in autumn.

uncle, Morelia is not a city that grows to the sky, even when it has fundations of solid rock and it will be able to have very tall buildings, the tallest around is 14 floors at much. I'll take some pics of other areas of the city (the more urbanized stuff).

Wow. It looks like a paradise or something out of a fairy-tale. I wish our big cities were this well-kept.

Yes, it's amazing what one can find if he ventures out of the house and away from the computer every once in a while. Not that I condone that type of thing or anything, but it is amazing. You have a very beautiful city there, I hope you enjoy it.

fury, the downtown of Morelia is very well kept, however is not the same with other areas, some are very messy and certainly not pretty.

PT, i do enjoy it, but sometimes i don't appreciate what i have around.

gf, i was expecting an extra opinion about "how to take the pics", i'm not even enthusiast or amateur, but i like to take pics and i wonder how good i am.

Inkara1, it is a Sony DSC-P31, 2MP, no optical zoom.

Luis G said:
however is not the same with other areas, some are very messy and certainly not pretty.
That's basically how Indianapolis is everywhere. I mean, it's not TOO bad but it's shit compared to the shots you posted. Greenwood is nice, but in Indianapolis, you'll occasionally stumble across a bum who just threw up, or a bus stop littered with cigarette butts and styrofoam cups (some empty some not), or some anonymous graffiti. Nothing too harsh unless you go into the ghetto. I don't go there often but from what my cousin tells me, she doesn't either, anymore. :eek:

Jeez Luis - you really live in a great looking place! :eek:

Enjoyed the pics alot, cheers. :)

Luis G said:
gf, i was expecting an extra opinion about "how to take the pics", i'm not even enthusiast or amateur, but i like to take pics and i wonder how good i am.

Are you saying you were expecting me to tell you that you can do better, or do you really want a critique? I thought if it was out of the Creative forum, that you didn't want feedback.

When i first posted this i didn't want a critique, but when i saw your reply i remembered you are into photgraphy, and yes i want a critique, post it here, send it thru pm or we can talk about it on msn ;)

I'd go on MSN but it's bedtime. Even though Rusty just started playing his new game "The Getaway" and won't be tearing himself away anytime soon. I'll take a look at it tomorrow, ok? :)

Back