Tonight, above my house...

last one, i promise!

Especially for Luis :)

lightning_kpno.jpg

greenfreak said:
unclehobart said:
Its the raw light pollution from the greater Metropolitan area that keeps em invisible.

Hence I would have to go farther north to see them, would I not? :rolleyes: :p
I was thinking out to the east... somewhere offshore by 30 miles. Now thats dark beyond dark... and no obstructions to the view.

Spirit - those are so beautiful! When my sister was in Alaska, she said she saw the Aurora Borialis and she didn't have a camera with her ... but she said it was quite possibly the most beautiful thing she's ever seen in her life. We're too close to the equator to see anything like that...

Ooh, I love northern lights!! I wanna come up and snuggle too!! I'm a northern lights virgin - never experienced one before ;)

Hmm.. how come I can't see any of the pics from my work pc but SF's?

Anyways - so, ya... it was absolutely incredible. My 11 yr old and I stood there in awe.. I wanted to take pics, but it was moving and changing colors so fast I was afraid to miss anything. It was as though someone had poured multi-colored paint into a huge glass jar..the way the colors were coming out of the sky towards us - sheesh, I can't even explain how beautiful it was... the colors were AWEsome.

Gonz: if it was a ravenous dragon, I'd be happy - it'd be the most excitement in a long time! ;)

Na & Ku: You're welcome to my neck of the woods anytime! We'll snuggle and watch the NL's ;) Provided Squigg, LL and the rest of the gu.... I'm blabbering...

Blabber away, I want to hear this!!

When you say they change so fast, how fast are we talking? Are they always in motion or is it more of a slower motion like sunset?

Greenie- these ones were changing fast! I would click the cam and it took a second or two before the picture went off and by then, the splash of color turned green... that happened over and over... these lights were going on for a good hour or more.

Sounds like I better get a real big blankie!!!

nalani said:
I'd love to hear it too! :)

Squiggy, whaddaya say? Meet me up North? ;)

How could I pass that up!!! A grope.. er...group snuggle with all of you....I'm dreaming again. Aren't I?
*Dreams of a fatastic Nipple-Twisting party up north*

ku'u...We have to do something between light shows. :D Make sure you bring na.
na...Bring some Kona coffee.
Spirit...move over some.
I'll start sewing blankies together...
greenie...Are you going to join us?

There is a God! There is a God! :D

Back