Top ten thing I hate about Star Trek

A.B.Normal said:
The Defiant was used in the Gamma Quadrant to assess the "Jem Ha'dar' it had a cloaking device donated by the Romulans on the condition that any knowledge gained would be shared(8note : the Defiant was not allowed to use the Cloak in the Delta quadrant).Prior to the Defiant DS9 still had Runabouts(small ships) available ,remember thats how the "wormhole" was revealed/discovered and they used Runabouts many time to travel to the Gamma Quadrant many times until the Jem Ha'dar appeared .

The Defiant was never in the Delta quadrant, you wannabee. That was Voyager. And they probably could have done with a cloak. Pretty stupid they never thought of designing one. Specially since Kirk had one from way back in ST-4, the voyage home.

Professur said:
The Defiant was never in the Delta quadrant, you wannabee. That was Voyager. And they probably could have done with a cloak. Pretty stupid they never thought of designing one. Specially since Kirk had one from way back in ST-4, the voyage home.

Star Fleet got a cloaking device in TOS...Enterprise Incident...;)

Professur said:
Refresh my memory, please.

Kirk took the Enterprise into the neutral zone. When he was surrounded by Romulans, he was 'killed' by Spock with the 'Vulcan Death Grip', and returned to the Enterprise. Once there, Bones disguised him as a Romulan. He beamed back over to the Romulan ship, and stole a cloaking device. He then faked the self-destruct while the device was installed.

I'd guess it was given back later to prevent a diplomatic incident when Enterprise was shown to still be around.

Professur said:
I'd guess it was given back later to prevent a diplomatic incident when Enterprise was shown to still be around.

Nope. It disappeared on another, seperate, vessel when Star Fleet was experimenting with it. The Romulans knew they were ripped off, but hadn't developed a counter to their cloak...

I think the most annoying thing about star trek is that most of the aliens are bipedal human looking creatures. I know this was explained in the episode 146 "the chase”, but still it seems ridiculous.

Mirlyn said:
I've never seen a single Star Trek TV show, movie, or read one of the books. :nerd:

That’s just sad because despite the plot holes and corny special effects many of the series have some great stories and unforgettable characters.

Winky said:
Next Gen was the zenith of the Trek franchise!

Maybe the zenith of its popularity but not of the stories. I think DS9 has TNG owned because, while the last few seasons of TNG were good, the last few seasons of DS9 were amazing!!

Perhaps, as in the beginning of DS9
I couldn't fricken stand it and never bothered to watch it again!

ekahs retsam said:
I think the most annoying thing about star trek is that most of the aliens are bipedal human looking creatures. I know this was explained in the episode 146 "the chase”, but still it seems ridiculous.

How about this, then...The only intelligent life we know of is bipedal, so the costumes were created with them in mind. :D

Back