Troops want to go home

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Yeah...and those are constant, right? Even when you're wrong, you make excuses, and twist words to say that you're right.
If I was wrong you'd have been able to point out how I was wrong.

And the ones complaining that they can't should be given a free pass to go out just so you can cheer about the number of dead and wounded that are coming out of the AOR...
Why would you say that?

And I listed what the military does to alleviate such frustration.
...and yet when i said that must get rid of the frustration you said no.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? You have no idea what you're on about, so you find little tidbits of information that make you feel as thugh you know whats going on. I'm actually doing the job.
and imagine how pathetic that makes you look when all you can do is say "you're wrong" and can't even explain why.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
If I was wrong you'd have been able to point out how I was wrong.

You said constant attacks. I disagreed. I also quote news tidbits about how the Iraqi citizens are helping out. I guess you don't read those. I guess your definition of the word constant is different from mine.

flavio said:
Why would you say that?

Because one of your favorite things to quote is the "Hundreds of thousands killed" mantra.

flavio said:
...and yet when i said that must get rid of the frustration you said no.

Nope. I think you're confused...

flavio said:
and imagine how pathetic that makes you look when all you can do is say "you're wrong" and can't even explain why.

And imagine how pathetic that makes you look when you have no frame of reference in which to deny my experience...except that above statement.

flavio

Banned
Look, I would really like to stop bickering over every last point endlessly.

I do value you're military service and you should have a unique perspective because of it....BUT...when there's a conversation about something it is not adequate to declare someone wrong about anything at all and simply use the fact that you are in the military as an explanation.

You still need to provide some logic or evidence with your claims...and when you think someone is wrong they should know what specifically they are wrong about and why you believe they are wrong.

That is not an unreasonable request for this forum and would likely keep the conversations more interesting.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
I do value you're military service and you should have a unique perspective because of it....BUT...when there's a conversation about something it is not adequate to declare someone wrong about anything at all and simply use the fact that you are in the military as an explanation.

Like I said...frame of reference. That, and some sources are not allowed to be posted.

flavio said:
You still need to provide some logic or evidence with your claims...and when you think someone is wrong they should know what specifically they are wrong about and why you believe they are wrong.

That is not an unreasonable request for this forum and would likely keep the conversations more interesting.

So the fact that I am somewhere in the Middle East, in a combat zone, in an area that gets attacked from time to time isn't enough. Perhaps you'd prefer me to tell you my mission, our flight schedules, and what cargo, how many passengers, and their follow-on destinations are as well. None of which is postable, BTW. I'd like to post things here, but the OPSEC people have enough trouble stopping digital pictures from leaving. I'm not going to contribute anything that I feel will put lives in jeopardy if a terrorist/insurgent/malcontent/troublemaker happens to searching Google, and have this site pop up. There are more important things going on than you need to know, and some things you don't really want to know.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Like I said...frame of reference. That, and some sources are not allowed to be posted.
Frame of reference and sources you don't like does nothing to justify you simply saying "You're wrong, I'm in the military". You still need to back your own claims up somehow for there to be any reason to discuss things with you.

So the fact that I am somewhere in the Middle East, in a combat zone, in an area that gets attacked from time to time isn't enough.
No, it's not. You still need to follow normal debating conventions.

Perhaps you'd prefer me to tell you my mission, our flight schedules, and what cargo, how many passengers, and their follow-on destinations are as well.
No, I prefer you back up your claims and that wouldn't help.

The idea is instead of just saying "you're wrong because I'm in the military" you still need to say what is incorrect, why it's incorrect, and hopefully provide some sort of evidence.

Professur

Y'know. It would almost be worth the bother to re-enlist as a mod jsut to delete everything you two have posted for the last page and a half. And no Sam, that's not an offer.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
Y'know. It would almost be worth the bother to re-enlist as a mod jsut to delete everything you two have posted for the last page and a half. And no Sam, that's not an offer.

Are you reading it? I know I'm not. Once those two get going, my eyes glaze over & reading is just short of impossible.

Professur

I take it a post or two at a time. There's always a chance one of them might actually say something intelligent.

Besides, I've got three kids. When it comes to he said/she said, they're rank amatures compared to my team.