Trust

I don't give money to bums. It's not because I don't trust them, though, it's because I don't like them.

I'm not saying it's impossible but the whole parking lot/ran out of gas thing is a scheme around these parts. There really is no car, they just want money.

There was a guy who used to sit in front of the laundromat I used and would ask everyone walking in and out for quarters. Each day, I denied him or ignored him till he said one day, "Why you so mean? You never even stop for me." and I told him that if he wanted to get money from people he should probably hide his cigarettes and beer, because I don't give charity to people who are going to use it for their habits.

A little off topic, I know. :) Sorry!

I agree with Ards, I think the trust can be regained over time if it was a mistake on the friend's part. But that also depends on the friend, if it's just one in a string of problems or an isolated incident.

My best friend has never really betrayed my trust but did tell a lie to save herself the embarrassment of telling me something difficult. We did discuss it and I told her that being my friend includes telling me things I don't want to hear, and that I might be somewhat indignant about it but it's not going to hurt our friendship. It never happened again after that and we're brutally honest with each other, just the way I like it. :)

i buy a big issue every now and again... apart from that i've lived in cities too long to hand out cash all the time...

guys seem to not be as trusting. they never tell me things, lol. then again, guys are typically known to not be very open about stuff.
girls, on the other hand...

...girls on the other hand are typically known for being bitchy and cliquey...

or was that just where i went to school?!

ash r said:
guys seem to not be as trusting. they never tell me things, lol. then again, guys are typically known to not be very open about stuff.
girls, on the other hand...

...girls, on the other hand, can't wait to blab your personal information all over the place...Which is why we don't tell you things....:D

I don't think it's that guys are secretive or won't tell you stuff... I just don't think they obsess over things like women do sometimes.

You ask a guy how a date was, he'll say, "It was good." You ask the woman he went with and she'll give you a 30 minute play-by-play on what he was wearing, what he ate, what he said, what he did, his body language, the way he smelled, the way he walked, how he chewed, etc. Men just don't obsess like that.

I am happy to say that I would trust a number of people not only with my life, but with the lives of my children ... my sister Pua (the only one of my siblings that I trust 100%), ku'u, her husband, and miki, of course, my cousin Kekuhi and her husband, my mom and *thinking* ... I think that's it. Wow ... how lucky am I? :headbang:

So correct me then, if I know so little about men. I guess I knew enough to find the man I'm going to marry and that's good enough for me! :headbng2:

Back