U.S. May Change Plans for Iraq Handover

chcr

Too cute for words
U.S. May Change Plans for Iraq Handover

40 minutes ago

By BARRY SCHWEID, AP Diplomatic Writer

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is taking a fresh look at its plans to turn over power in Iraq by June 30. While that remains the deadline, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said Tuesday it's too early to tell whether it will have to be changed.

:blank:

A.B., I think they could give a shit about civil war in Iraq, I think their understanding of the situation (in regards to Islam and the Iraqis) is limited at best, and that their main concern at this point is how what happens in Iraq impacts the election. Just my opinion.

A civil war in Iraq would make it impossible for Haliburton to perform its duties and be paid,although there is probably a clause where they get paid anyway.

flavio, a lie is when the President gets impeached.What we have here is a democratically elected legislature giving the President the okay on the War Powers Act based on information he & they knew to be true.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Gonz said:
based on information he & they knew to be true.
and I Still think there's some wmds in the sand there somewhere.
Even if there isn't now, I see no way they can say the intell was bad.
GB isn't saying their intell was bad.
I think the admin is just going along with the nay-sayers about bad intel
to throw everybody off. They don't want anybody to know how good it is.

BUT, that's just another one of my little conspiracy theories. :nerd:

Gonz said:
In the sand or in Syria or somewhere. I agree 100%.

That's because they keep looking for bunkers. I've already said that they won't find those. Just ones and twos scattered all over the country. The ones we don't find will eventually degrade, and turn up as toxic waste somewhere down the line...

Gato_Solo said:
Just ones and twos scattered all over the country.
They already found some of that, but of coarse it got dismissed. :alienhuh:
I don't think it's going to be a bunker per se, but I do think there might be a pile
somewhere, but people have to remember, a pile with chemicals/bio isn't
going to be like a pile of other types of weapons. It just takes up way less space.
It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. A BIG hay stack.

flavio said:
and Bush managed to actually increase the terrorist activity.
but I see that as a good thing. How are we gonna know who they are if they aren't active. :evilcool:
I noticed you left out, that he "increased the activity", but it's over there, not here.

Gonz said:
flavio, a lie is when the President gets impeached.What we have here is a democratically elected legislature giving the President the okay on the War Powers Act based on information he & they knew to be true.
No, a lie is...

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
  2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
For example "turn over power by June 30th", "we do not torture", or "mission accomplished". Definition 2 could also be attached to "Patriot Act", "Iraqi Freedom", and "War on Terror".

flavio said:
No, a lie is...

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
  2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
For example "turn over power by June 30th", "we do not torture", or "mission accomplished". Definition 2 could also be attached to "Patriot Act", "Iraqi Freedom", and "War on Terror".
Prove to me that there weren't/aren't wmds there, and I'll jump on your bandwagon.
There is absolutly no way you can.
So, you can not in ALL honestly say you KNOW that he lied.

If it weren't for America there wouldn't have ever been any terroism
America is the root cause of all the terroism in the world today
America IS evil incarnate and must be destroyed!

Back