U.S. May Change Plans for Iraq Handover

Hey, it's a T-shirt ;)

Although, it turns out that Fidel may be slipping;
HAVANA – Cuba announced a major increase in government salaries Wednesday, saying days after President Fidel Castro declared war on the nation’s “new rich” that it wanted to reward workers with high productivity and advanced university degrees.
Isn't that tantamount to *gasp* capitalism?

AP

yeah I've seen past stuff, but I'm wondering about this one issue.

Let's not get this locked now before I try to find out :p

BTW I wasn't asking for a solution, just trying to clarify what the thought
was on what Might happen.
But, it seems it doesn't want to be discussed farther so I'll drop it here.

:hmm: Tell you what. How about this for a timeline. The same amount of time it took to pull our troops out of the former Yugoslavia.

catocom said:
So what do You think will happen if we just bugged out right now?
If by "bugged out" you mean everyone leave all at once right away I didn't suggest that. We should start pulling out though. There's been many plans dicussed on how to do this including timelines and redeploying some of the troops in nearby friendly countries.

We've had "Mission Accomplished" status for quite a long time now.

flavio said:
If by "bugged out" you mean everyone leave all at once right away I didn't suggest that. We should start pulling out though. There's been many plans dicussed on how to do this including timelines and redeploying some of the troops in nearby friendly countries.

Same as with Bosnia. We're still there, too.

'mission accomplished' meant the scuffle against people in tanks and planes... a true military resistance. The 'hearts and minds' bullshit shouldn't take more than 10-12 generations. Lord knows it worked for the British in India... erm... I mean the French in Indochina... umm.. I mean the US in the Phillipines... erm.. wait...

unclehobart said:
'mission accomplished' meant the scuffle against people in tanks and planes... a true military resistance. The 'hearts and minds' bullshit shouldn't take more than 10-12 generations. Lord knows it worked for the British in India... erm... I mean the French in Indochina... umm.. I mean the US in the Phillipines... erm.. wait...

I'm sure the Phillipine population that is actively trying to get the US bases back are just brainwashed...:D

flavio said:
redeploying some of the troops in nearby friendly countries

Iraq is a friendly country. Saudi Arabia are the enemy, remember, you keep remiding us of that.

flavio said:

I didn't say you did. I'm merely trying to get an understanding.

So, you wanna answer, or not?

certainly America should bug out on the whole world
and cower behind the big fence on our southern border

Gonz said:
Iraq is a friendly country. Saudi Arabia are the enemy, remember, you keep remiding us of that.
Are you going somewhere with this?

catocom said:
I didn't say you did. I'm merely trying to get an understanding.

So, you wanna answer, or not?
So you did mean everyone leaving all at once?

BTW, I don't understand why people "assume" the pres. doesn't have an exit strategy,
or never had one.
He may have had one, or several since the beginning. Just because he hasn't told
the press, or more than he feels comfortable with, doesn't mean he doesn't have one. :confused:

I think at this point it has to be a Living one, Changing depending on the developments.
No one can predict the future absolute.

Back