Umm...

Cerise

:roll:

He got a birdie.

I wonder how much of that was skill, and how much was luck? I didn't know a person could aim a golf ball with a golf club and hit a target off the ground 75 yards away.

chcr

Too cute for words
To chase the bird away?

After the first one or two, wouldn't an even marginally intelligent person have figured out it wasn't working? Grow up, he was trying to hit the bird, he got "lucky" and now that the shit storm from his thoughtless idiocy has arrived, he's trying to lie his way out of it.

Too late.

catocom

eh it was probably on a later hole and he was drunk.
That kinda stuff is fun when your drunk.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
:roll:

He got a birdie.

I wonder how much of that was skill, and how much was luck? I didn't know a person could aim a golf ball with a golf club and hit a target off the ground 75 yards away.

75 yards is a chip shot. Pros can land a ball within inches of the pin from that distance. I suck at golf, and I can get within a few feet...

jimpeel

It would be except nobody is putting more stock in the rights of an animal. If they catch who murdered the girl do you actually think they be charged with a lesser crime?

Just try to do something with land you own which is the habitat of an "endangered" animal. Try to drain water from your land. Try to build on that land. Then, and only then, will you understand.

spike

What does that have to do with putting "more stock in the rights of an animal to live than a human".

I could die if I'm prevented from building in endangered species habitats.

greenfreak

Tell me what's wrong with protecting and trying to help those who cannot help themselves? Are you one of those every man for himself kind of people who give a shit about no one or nothing else? I'm seriously asking, I don't know you very well.

Native species are protected - and native because they were here before we were. If we are so much more intelligent than they are, and most people think that makes us more important, you would think we would find ways to accept that and make the best of it for all involved. Like protecting areas where endangered (no quotes - because endangered listing is for good reason) species can nest and thrive.

As if there aren't other places to put that Wal-Mart, or that we'll just cease to survive as a race because we can't pave over another piece of land. My island is so built up that there's an ongoing battle right now over 800 acres of grassland that's the hunting grounds of the endangered short-eared owl. They want to put a freakin ski resort and man-made lake in it's spot. Yeah, because my life wouldn't be complete without a fake ski resort.

catocom

Just try to do something with land you own which is the habitat of an "endangered" animal. Try to drain water from your land. Try to build on that land. Then, and only then, will you understand.

you have to be back off the road, and do things slowly a little at a time,
almost like the speed of natural erosion/filling in of silt. ;)

I've been dealing with it most of my life.
I'll take the fifth amendment on any of that kinda stuff...
I am very respectful on the environment, and wildlife, but some...what used to be...
common since, makes it necessary to change a few things.
e.g. cleaning out under brush...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Tell me what's wrong with protecting and trying to help those who cannot help themselves?

At what point does this stop? Animals, reptiles & birds have gone extinct since, well, forever. Mother Nature designed the whole survival of the fittest thing. If some owl can only procreate in a two square mile area, that owl is not best designed to fit into nature & will die out, with or without our shotguns. We don't kill off species. That would be limitations in their DNA. There is a huge difference between helping the old lady acrross the street & stopping a species from following it's logical conclusion.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
At what point does this stop? Animals, reptiles & birds have gone extinct since, well, forever. Mother Nature designed the whole survival of the fittest thing. If some owl can only procreate in a two square mile area, that owl is not best designed to fit into nature & will die out, with or without our shotguns. We don't kill off species. That would be limitations in their DNA. There is a huge difference between helping the old lady acrross the street & stopping a species from following it's logical conclusion.
And what the fuck does that have to do with this? We're not talking about a hawk that was about to become extinct because of natural selection, we're talking about an asshole golfer that made a wilful decision to try to hit it with a golf ball.

Ok, anyway, he is obviously an asshole. How many of you that say this ok would be ok if it was a dog on the course that he was aiming at? Key word there too, AIMING. He was trying to hit it, or he wouldn't have kept trying. I think the stupid fucker deserves to pay for this, whether it's a jail sentence or a fine, he needs to pay.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
And what the fuck does that have to do with this? We're not talking about a hawk that was about to become extinct because of natural selection, we're talking about an asshole golfer that made a wilful decision to try to hit it with a golf ball.

Ok, anyway, he is obviously an asshole. How many of you that say this ok would be ok if it was a dog on the course that he was aiming at? Key word there too, AIMING. He was trying to hit it, or he wouldn't have kept trying. I think the stupid fucker deserves to pay for this, whether it's a jail sentence or a fine, he needs to pay.

1 vote for the dog...:lol2:

All kidding aside, the 'person' in question, and I use that term loosely, may, or may not, have known about the law protecting that bird. That isn't the issue. The bird may, or may not, be on the verge of extinction. That isn't the issue, either. The issue here is a 'person' (again, loosely) didn't like the noise of nature in a natural setting. Said 'person' decided that nature had no place interrupting his importance. Adopting a few strays does not give him a free pass to do what he likes with the rest of 'nature'. He is (nod to 2minkey) an asshat. To make matters worse, he's also an elitist asshat, who thinks that his actions are more important than anything else.

chcr

Too cute for words

1 vote for the dog...:lol2:

All kidding aside, the 'person' in question, and I use that term loosely, may, or may not, have known about the law protecting that bird. That isn't the issue. The bird may, or may not, be on the verge of extinction. That isn't the issue, either. The issue here is a 'person' (again, loosely) didn't like the noise of nature in a natural setting. Said 'person' decided that nature had no place interrupting his importance. Adopting a few strays does not give him a free pass to do what he likes with the rest of 'nature'. He is (nod to 2minkey) an asshat. To make matters worse, he's also an elitist asshat, who thinks that his actions are more important than anything else.

:thumbup:

greenfreak

In your mind, does this survival of the fittest include humans? Since we could eradicate all species on earth if we wanted to, does that mean we are the fittest and entitled?

Is that your personal "go" card to build up and on anything we want to? Do you think that man-made pollution and chemicals killing off bird species is just their tough luck?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In your mind, does this survival of the fittest include humans?
Yes.

Is that your personal "go" card to build up and on anything we want to? Do you think that man-made pollution and chemicals killing off bird species is just their tough luck?

We are part of nature, are we not? What we do is natural, is it not? Survival is part of our selection process yet we are smart (dumb?) enough to weaken ourselves with our medicine to the point that our species is probably weaker, physically, than any time in history. Yet we continue to weaken it further. It'll be our downfall. But hey, the Spotted Owl will be able to have it's 2.12 acres back.

BTW-yes, this guy was an ass but is attempting to scare a critter away a CRIMINAL ACT? (Dog or bird)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

The logical conclusion of following that by the word, is that humans become the last species on earth, and then they become extinct.

jimpeel

In your mind, does this survival of the fittest include humans? Since we could eradicate all species on earth if we wanted to, does that mean we are the fittest and entitled?

If hawks made for good eating, and it were financially viable, we would be breeding them in cages and selling them on the open market in shrink wrapped packages.

greenfreak

Yes.

We are part of nature, are we not? What we do is natural, is it not? Survival is part of our selection process yet we are smart (dumb?) enough to weaken ourselves with our medicine to the point that our species is probably weaker, physically, than any time in history. Yet we continue to weaken it further. It'll be our downfall. But hey, the Spotted Owl will be able to have it's 2.12 acres back.

BTW-yes, this guy was an ass but is attempting to scare a critter away a CRIMINAL ACT? (Dog or bird)

If that's really how you feel and you're not just playing devil's advocate, then all I have left to say to you is :disgust2: :shrug:

greenfreak

Then say no more.

I'm capable of making that decision for myself, thanks. I was directing that at Gonz because he has confessed to expressing an alternate opinion merely to push buttons in the past.

I also know he considers me a dirty dirty liberal so my opinions will not be received or considered. :p I just wanted to know where he stood. Not you.