Umm...

greenfreak

I love the sweeping generalizations going on. I'm an asshole, bleeding heart liberal, ashamed of calling myself one... You know me so well.

Gonz has called me a liberal for years but I've never seriously called myself that because many of my beliefs don't fit into the "liberal mindset". No one ever bothered to ask why, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

But if it makes you feel better to write me off and call me that, go right ahead. I don't take much stock in close minded people anyway or labels. Labels are for people who like categorizing everyone because they're lazy to consider that there may be in betweens.

Here's a question for you. What makes me a liberal?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
What makes me a liberal?

You don't have an urge to kill puppies.

conservatives kill puppies all the time.

You HAVE to be one or the other, everyone knows there is no middle ground.

Also, you must never ever talk politely to a conservative, even if the conversation is not about politics. What ever they say is wrong automatically, and must be denounced!!!!

In fact if they say goodmorning, you must immediately google todays date, and morning, and post links PROVING that the morning is not good at all, in fact, it is miserable.

And those of the conservative leanings, you must do the same to liberals.

these thing are what I have learnt from message boards.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gato Solo said:
All kidding aside, the 'person' in question, and I use that term loosely, may, or may not, have known about the law protecting that bird. That isn't the issue. The bird may, or may not, be on the verge of extinction. That isn't the issue, either. The issue here is a 'person' (again, loosely) didn't like the noise of nature in a natural setting. Said 'person' decided that nature had no place interrupting his importance. Adopting a few strays does not give him a free pass to do what he likes with the rest of 'nature'. He is (nod to 2minkey) an asshat. To make matters worse, he's also an elitist asshat, who thinks that his actions are more important than anything else.

Most sensible post in this entire thread.

paul valaru said:
In fact if they say goodmorning, you must immediately google todays date, and morning, and post links PROVING that the morning is not good at all, in fact, it is miserable.

what I have learnt from message boards.

Probably the most accurate thing in this entire thread thus far.

Moral of the story: Cameras and similar devices are everywhere now. Any action taken by any person is liable to be preserved somewhere via some medium. It's purt near impossible to lie out of much of anything anymore. If/when you get busted it's best to face the music and go on with your life. Would you not agree, Mr. Clemens?

jimpeel

I love the sweeping generalizations going on. I'm an asshole, bleeding heart liberal, ashamed of calling myself one... You know me so well.

I made the statement:

It wouldn't be illegal if there weren't a bunch of whiny liberal bleeding hearts out there making it so.

There was no reference to you whatsoever.

You then posted:

Don't you guys ever get tired of calling people names or labeling them liberals as if it was a disease? I suppose it's much easier to write people off as assholes or liberals than actually consider that their opinion has value.

This was a sweeping general question and statement by you.

I made a sweeping general response:

The difference between Liberals and Conservatives is Liberals shun the title. They make up other names like "Progressive", "Centrist", etc.

Conservatives, on the other hand, wear the title proudly and we don't try to come up with nicey-nice sounding names for ourselves. We call ourselves Conservative because, unlike Liberals, we aren't ashamed of who and what we are.

No mention of you there at all. Simply Liberals in general.

Here's a question for you. What makes me a liberal?

You are here defending and espousing a Liberal cause, aren't you?

I like animals and I personally treat them kindly; but I do not try to elevate them to human status nor do I try to give them human rights. I don't espouse the jailing of those who advertently or inadvertently do them harm.

I operate on the premise that time wounds all heels.

greenfreak

You don't have an urge to kill puppies.

conservatives kill puppies all the time.

You HAVE to be one or the other, everyone knows there is no middle ground.

Also, you must never ever talk politely to a conservative, even if the conversation is not about politics. What ever they say is wrong automatically, and must be denounced!!!!

And those of the conservative leanings, you must do the same to liberals.

these thing are what I have learnt from message boards.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

THANK YOU! I had forgotten that trying to find sense in the RW was futile. I needed the reminder, apparently.