Umm...

jimpeel

I'm capable of making that decision for myself, thanks. I was directing that at Gonz because he has confessed to expressing an alternate opinion merely to push buttons in the past.

I also know he considers me a dirty dirty liberal so my opinions will not be received or considered. :p I just wanted to know where he stood. Not you.

When I said "Then say no more." I meant to him [Gonz] on this subject since you stated, quite emphatically, "all I have left to say to you [Gonz] is ...".

You made the limiting determination, not me.

You are welcome to say whatever you wish to me; that is until you say "all I have left to say to you is ... ".

spike

BTW-yes, this guy was an ass but is attempting to scare a critter away a CRIMINAL ACT? (Dog or bird)

Yes.

If he were purposefully firing off golfballs at a 5 year old kid or somebody's dog to scare them off and killed them I think it might still be a criminal act.

jimpeel

Yes.

If he were purposefully firing off golfballs at a 5 year old kid or somebody's dog to scare them off and killed them I think it might still be a criminal act.

5 year old kid
arg-a-5O-tRyA.gif
arg-p-50-trans.gif
arg-p-50-trans.gif
arg-l-50-trans.gif
arg-e-5O-trans-killing-our-serverload.gif

Somebody's dog
arg-o-5O-tRr-a-pl0ase-ns.gif
arg-r-50-trans.gif
arg-a-5O-tRyA.gif
arg-n-50-trans.gif
arg-g-50-trans.gif
arg-e-5O-trans-killing-our-serverload.gif

Know the difference.

jimpeel

If the simple act of being an asshole were a jailable offense, everyone on this board would be posting from the local lockup.

spike

If the simple act of being an asshole were a jailable offense, everyone on this board would be posting from the local lockup.

Sure, this guy fired golfballs at a protected species though. That is illegal.

Apples/Oranges. :laugh:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It wouldn't be illegal if there weren't a bunch of whiny liberal bleeding hearts out there making it so.

Nice. I'll put it this way. It doesn't matter who made it that way. Thats the way that it is. He had several choices in the matter. At least three.

1. Leave the bird alone, and continue filming. The 'noise' can be edited out and it didn't seem to hurt his golf swing any...
2. Pack up, and film the next day, or wait until the bird is gone.
3. Hit golf balls at the bird, thereby breaking the law.

Which did he choose? You may pick these apart however you wish, but the bottom line is he broke the law. Knowingly or unknowingly also makes no difference, vis-a-vis "Ignorance of the law is no excuse". You may continue to rail against the 'unfairness' of it all, but he gets no sympathy from me...and I'm not liberal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If that's really how you feel and you're not just playing devil's advocate, then all I have left to say to you is :disgust2: :shrug:

I'm wording it in such a way as to create havoc but I do not place mankind above any other species. We are a part of nature. What we do is part of nature. If Gorillas began arming themselves, I'd say talk peace or go to war. We are a product of our heritage...first came fire later came the A-bomb. Progression-the bane of humanity.

Oh, BTW, you're not dirty (well, not that I've had the pleasure of experiencing)

Gato_Solo

Did he KNOW it was a protected bird? If he was hitting them at pigeons, would anyone have noticed?

As I also said...ignorance of the law is no excuse...and, yes. People would've noticed if it was a pigeon. The fine wouldn't be as high, but thats another story, innit?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well, I hope everybody learns their lesson from this.

You are at the mercy of nature & may not act in any way that could change you environment. Put that mouse trap away. No more hummingbird feeders. Quit with the butterfly nets. The next critter you disturb may be protected.

Gato_Solo

Well, I hope everybody learns their lesson from this.

You are at the mercy of nature & may not act in any way that could change you environment. Put that mouse trap away. No more hummingbird feeders. Quit with the butterfly nets. The next critter you disturb may be protected.

There's a word for mice, rats, and squirrels. Its vermin. There's also the fact of intent which comes into play. This guy was intentionally aiming where the hawk was 'roosting'. His actions were malicious in intent, and the result was reasonably predictable.

greenfreak

Don't you guys ever get tired of calling people names or labeling them liberals as if it was a disease? I suppose it's much easier to write people off as assholes or liberals than actually consider that their opinion has value.

Nice. I'll put it this way. It doesn't matter who made it that way. Thats the way that it is. He had several choices in the matter. At least three.

1. Leave the bird alone, and continue filming. The 'noise' can be edited out and it didn't seem to hurt his golf swing any...
2. Pack up, and film the next day, or wait until the bird is gone.
3. Hit golf balls at the bird, thereby breaking the law.

Which did he choose? You may pick these apart however you wish, but the bottom line is he broke the law. Knowingly or unknowingly also makes no difference, vis-a-vis "Ignorance of the law is no excuse". You may continue to rail against the 'unfairness' of it all, but he gets no sympathy from me... and I'm not liberal.[/

:thumbup:

While you've disagreed with me on many things over the years, I've only ever called you a misogynist bastard in jest. :kiss: It's nice to know at least some people are capable of looking past labels and converse maturely.

spike

Don't eradicate Jerry's kids! What did they ever do to you?

Damn diseased conservatives trying to kill protected birds and sick kids.

:)

jimpeel

Don't you guys ever get tired of calling people names or labeling them liberals as if it was a disease? I suppose it's much easier to write people off as assholes or liberals than actually consider that their opinion has value.

:thumbup:

While you've disagreed with me on many things over the years, I've only ever called you a misogynist bastard in jest. :kiss: It's nice to know at least some people are capable of looking past labels and converse maturely.

The difference between Liberals and Conservatives is Liberals shun the title. They make up other names like "Progressive", "Centrist", etc.

Conservatives, on the other hand, wear the title proudly and we don't try to come up with nicey-nice sounding names for ourselves. We call ourselves Conservative because, unlike Liberals, we aren't ashamed of who and what we are.