US Troops execute civilian women and children, blow up house, burn cars, kill pets

Re: US Troops execute civilian women and children, blow up house, burn cars, kill pet

SouthernN'Proud said:
It's called a war. People get killed. It started after we were attacked.

If American troops went out and maliciously assaulted civilians with no provocation or reasonable suspicion of nefarious doings, then the soldiers are in the wrong. Given the nature of military classification of information, I'll reserve judgment until all the smoke clears. I prefer to leave the conclusion jumping to others. No shortage of willing jumpers either.

War is no excuse for killing innocents. But that aside I do have some questions about it as a whole

1)How many of the innocents were truly innocent? COuld some have had weapons or something? I posted a thread a while back about a solider who killed a kid. The kid was going for an RPG.
2)were they singled out? DId the soliders just go there to kill those people? Or did they go there investigating and were on edge (not a reason but still)

Also Tuesday, American military officials announced that they were looking into an allegation that American soldiers intentionally killed 11 Iraqi civilians last week

Let's wait until more information comes out before we begin the beheadings, hmm?

the source was and is in the original post, Sympatico/MSN, carrying a CTV (Canadian news network) story.

paul_valaru said:
This news source does indeed report on the hundreds of thousands killed by ....

It is a major Canadian news outlet.
I'm speaking of the whole of his many sources in their entirity and their slant... or their presumed slant since he picks and chooses stories to futher his own ends. Its not what any of us wouldn't do if we held a polarized political lean. Perhaps he/we choose our stories from the many stories presented by a given agency(ies) that present such angles. I'm sure that most sources present a certain measure of balance... but there are some that are always out to lunch. The Guardian comes to mind. If you say that the source is major and balanced... then so be it.

Re: US Troops execute civilian women and children, blow up house, burn cars, kill pet

flavio said:
Blah, blah, blah, foam, foam, drooool.....

Keep in mind it is from CNN, but do you possibly think that THIS could be any closer to reality than the other faithless, seditious, anti-American bull shit stories that have been presented here?

U.S.-led raid kills civilians north of Balad
Police, American military differ on number of casualties

Wednesday, March 15, 2006; Posted: 12:15 p.m. EST (17:15 GMT)
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/15/iraq.main/index.html

U.S.-led forces came under fire as they raided the building, said Maj. Tim O'Keefe. Air support fired on the site, and the targeted building and a vehicle were destroyed, O'Keefe said.

Oh, yeah. Did you hear about the 3,000 American men, women and children murdered, cars burned, and buildings blown up a few years ago??

http://www.kaosweaver.com/flash911.html

Or has news reached you of the Islamist murderers that revel in the blood of the infidels??

http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/beheading-video-eugene-armstrong.html
http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/beheading-paul-johnson.html
http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/video-beheading-nick-berg-beheaded.html

The side you have chosen is obvious.
Why do you hate this country so much?

If we go to all out war with Iran, we'll be hearing about a lot of this kind of thing probably.
These ARE terrorist, and they WILL put innocents in front, and in with them to further the agenda.

I'm with chic. Lets wait until ALL the facts are in. :shrug:

I agree absolutely that we all shouldn't go ballistic every time something comes up and jump to conclusions etcetera etcetera.

But there's something to be said on the other hand for public awareness, even if just to prevent a 'burying it under the guise of 'investigating it' until the public forgets' phenomenom.

Leslie said:
I agree absolutely that we all shouldn't go ballistic every time something comes up and jump to conclusions etcetera etcetera.

But there's something to be said on the other hand for public awareness, even if just to prevent a 'burying it under the guise of 'investigating it' until the public forgets' phenomenom.
I am actually fairly well informed. What some people seem to forget is that, at least in America, someone is supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. More often in the instant information age we live in it's guilty once you've been crucified in the press, until all the retractions come out and frequently even then. :shrug: I love the "information age" but one of the unfortunate side effects I've noticed is that a lot of stories get out or get exaggerated with very little in the way of corroboration. Usually if you wait a day or two for the media feeding frenzy to die down it's possible to piece together an account approaching reality. Usually, if you hear a story that seems unbelievable you shouldn't believe it.

What irritates me on top of that is the jumping onto other stories, dumping the ones they're in the middle of, and ones we may have been concerned about get buried.

I don't get to finish learning about the one thing and it's off to something else.

The Other One said:
Keep in mind it is from CNN, but do you possibly think that THIS could be any closer to reality than the other faithless, seditious, anti-American bull shit stories that have been presented here?
Conflicting stories is the reason for the investigation.

Oh, yeah. Did you hear about the
3,000 American men, women and children murdered, cars burned, and buildings blown up a few years ago??
What's that have to do with anything?

Or has news reached you of the
Islamist murderers that revel in the blood of the infidels??

The side you have chosen is obvious.
Why do you hate this country so much?
If I don't approve of innocent women and children being shot I hate this country? That doesn't make sense.

I agree with flavio (wow that is almost as bad as agreeing with gonz)

what does one have to do with the other.

Something happened, it needs to be investigated, that way to keep the oinvestigation open is report on it, and it's progress, so no one can cover it up, as goverments tend to do.

flavio said:

The fact that you ask begs the question: are you really serious??

Robert Hunter said:
Comes a time
when the blind man
takes your hand
says: don't you see?

what Iraq had to do with 9/11?

No, not really.

3rd-infantry-saddam-911.jpg

If you can't trust ABCNEWS, who can you trust?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/IraqCoverage/story?id=1734490&page=1

March 23, 2006 — Following are the ABC News Investigative Unit's summaries of five documents from Saddam Hussein's government, which the U.S. government has released.

The documents discuss Osama bin Laden, weapons of mass destruction, al Qaeda and more.

The full documents can be found on the U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Office Web site: http://fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/products-docex.htm.

"Osama bin Laden Contact With Iraq"

A newly released prewar Iraqi document indicates that an official representative of Saddam Hussein's government met with Osama bin Laden in Sudan on February 19, 1995, after receiving approval from Saddam Hussein.

"Osama bin Laden and the Taliban"

Document dated Sept. 15, 2001

>>That OBL and the Taliban are in contact with Iraq and that a group of Taliban and bin Laden group members visited Iraq
>>That the U.S. has proof the Iraqi government and "bin Laden's group" agreed to cooperate to attack targets inside America.
>>That in case the Taliban and bin Laden's group turn out to be involved in "these destructive operations," the U.S. may strike Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>That the Afghan consul heard about the issue of Iraq's relationship with "bin Laden's group" while he was in Iran.

paul_valaru said:
I agree with flavio (wow that is almost as bad as agreeing with gonz)

what does one have to do with the other.

Something happened, it needs to be investigated, that way to keep the oinvestigation open is report on it, and it's progress, so no one can cover it up, as goverments tend to do.

If troops are accused of any wrongdoing by civilians, it gets investigated. If substantiated, the wrongdoing is punished according to the UCMJ. While it may not always be public, it does happen. As for the person posting this, I have nothing to say except it's his slant on things, as usual, and, yes, paul...if it had been someone else posting this, it would've been treated differently, because we all know how much the poster has against anything the administration is linked to, no matter how tenuous...

Back