UV index where you are?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Yesterday i walked 20meters under direct sunlight, geez....i could not tolerate it, my clothes felt really really hot, my hair was hot as well.

There must be something very very wrong with the atmosphere, the sunlight doesn't warm you anymore it BURNS you.

And according to weather.com yesterday's UV index was 7 :S

Not as high as it could get in spring thou, it is so high that they just say "10+"

I wouldn't mind experiencing it. I think it would be cool. But I think I'd get tired of it pretty soon.

Actually i was exaggerating. We're getting much more daylight now but the sun's low on the horizen so it stays cold.

I think your trouble may be that your system is still locked into a winter climate reaction. Heat feels hotter and cold is pretty much a non problem. We all get a bit more sensitive in the winter.. for those of us who actually experience a winter that is.

Um, ya, not sure of the UV rating in Sunny South Africa, but it's been raining today, so not much sun (thank the fates!) But I know full well of the sun being just too hot!

Recently I can't spend more than 10 minutes in the sun, else I'll get burnt. And esecially since I've had about three pretty bad sunburns in the past, (serious peeling, on the verge of peeling) and I'm not too keen on getting skin cancer :( (if you two or more blistering sunburns in your life, your chances of getting skin cancer are doubled :( )

Ours is a 2 today with sunny skies. :)

Give me another few months, we'll get up there when summer finally arrives. It doesn't matter what the UV index is, I burn burn burn.

HeXp£Øi± said:
When was the last time you saw snow Luis?

Never, but if you can count extreme ammounts of hail as snow then i saw it last summer.

Luis G said:
Yesterday i walked 20meters under direct sunlight, geez....i could not tolerate it, my clothes felt really really hot, my hair was hot as well.

There must be something very very wrong with the atmosphere, the sunlight doesn't warm you anymore it BURNS you.

And according to weather.com yesterday's UV index was 7 :S

Not as high as it could get in spring thou, it is so high that they just say "10+"

Back