UV index where you are?

I never leave the house without sun factor 30 slapped on all exposed parts and usually a hat in summer. It's that or get toasted... having suffered severe sunburn as a child I prefer to remain "pale and interesting". :D

i think the only time i blistered was last summer when i spent the weekend before Independence Day at the lake getting burnt, then leaving Sunday night to climb in the black hills, nose blistered, peeled, and was generally unpleasant for a couple days.

Aunty Em said:
I never leave the house without sun factor 30 slapped on all exposed parts and usually a hat in summer. It's that or get toasted... having suffered severe sunburn as a child I prefer to remain "pale and interesting". :D

Wish it was that easy for me....no sunblock works. I tried this 50 SPF (I think it was) stuff once, still got the bejesus burned out of me. I don't even use sunblock anymore, I've learned to seek shade and shelter as often as possible and I only go swimming after sundown. Haven't been severly burned in a long time.

Mirlyn said:
Wish it was that easy for me....no sunblock works. I tried this 50 SPF (I think it was) stuff once, still got the bejesus burned out of me. I don't even use sunblock anymore, I've learned to seek shade and shelter as often as possible and I only go swimming after sundown. Haven't been severly burned in a long time.

Did you put enough on? Apparently most people only put on about a third of the amount they should. You're also supposed to renew it every couple of hours because it comes off with sweat.

I also have to be very careful which one I use because the wrong one will give me a rash and I'll still burn. I usually use the sensitive skin kiddy ones. Although I have reacted to one or two of those in the past. I never get a tan here in the UK but when I lived in Gibralter I went brown as a berry and my hair turned white - I think it's probably something to do with the way the UV is filtered by the atmosphere..

Aunty Em said:
Mirlyn said:

Did you put enough on? Apparently most people only put on about a third of the amount they should. You're also supposed to renew it every couple of hours because it comes off with sweat.

I also have to be very careful which one I use because the wrong one will give me a rash and I'll still burn. I usually use the sensitive skin kiddy ones. Although I have reacted to one or two of those in the past. I never get a tan here in the UK but when I lived in Gibralter I went brown as a berry and my hair turned white - I think it's probably something to do with the way the UV is filtered by the atmosphere..

Oh trust me...I read the directions forwards and backwards and upside down over and over again. Followed them to the "T." Stayed inside for 40 mins once to make sure it was on and dried. Applied every hour to every two hours because I would sweat it off. Doesn't matter. Still didn't work. It used to, but lately I've become immune to it or something.

The only good sunblock is nighttime. ;)

Mirlyn said:
The only good sunblock is nighttime.

Sensitive to sunlight, prefers the night.... hmm, don't happen to drink blood, dislike garlic and have an aversion to silver crucifixes and bullets as well do you? ?(

Aunty Em said:
Mirlyn said:
The only good sunblock is nighttime.

Sensitive to sunlight, prefers the night.... hmm, don't happen to drink blood, dislike garlic and have an aversion to silver crucifixes and bullets as well do you? ?(

Not anymore....why :confuse3:

Back