Violence for no reason...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Advocating for victims

Different circumstances, yes. But maybe not all that much. Innocent victim attacked in each case. A long-ish article maybe, but worth reading I think because the average person will hear 2000 times more about the alleged perpetrator than they will about this victim.

BB

will hope to have time to read it.

UP DE RAMS!!

(sorry, just won away the first leg of the semi-finbal playoffs)

You know Prof - respect for your taking the family away holiday post - i hate generalizations and dogma-but from my own experience - a strong family unit spending time together away from the everyday, without the instant gratification / moronic culture and souless diversions, can only be good! :wink2:

SNP - what you say sounds fair - but do you really beleive the system is geared primarily towards the Victim? From what you say, it has a relevance to my mind via Punitive response - but i am not sure that is the same thing?

Actually, i am somewhat wary of going towards a victim system, in this PC, litigation climate - not that i don't see benefit in it and some worthwhile changes, but more that i fear where the current zeitgeist steamroller will flatten our hard-fought for and taken-far-too-easily-for-granted- rights.

I wish opposing Political thoughts, would bury their other differences and fight to maintain freedoms - at least where they can - because they are being eroded and we are entering sci-fi novel country without even a lame ass fight.

Divide and conquer.

Let those of any persuasion that cherise Liberty and freedom, at least agree to make a stand for personal liberty and fly whatever flag they want as true men and women against a future of dumbed-down, controllable and pliant future generations.

as fer the 10 year old - he is ten.