Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

2minkey

bootlicker
wal-mart doesn't need spike to bash it. its sucking is self-evident. it's a great place to go if you wanna support shitty consumer goods made in china.

yay for china! yay for wal-mart! let's all buy cheap shit and drive america further into a black hole of debt!

we can all be winners. one shitty, plastic product at a time.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Or we can all go to school & get advanced degrees in....

As much as libs piss & moan about the little guy & his inability to help himslef, didja ever notice that the costs of edumacashion rise faster than inflation, without fail. The same edumacashoin places that are run by...drum roll please...liberals. :hmm:

...liberals arts

Inkara1

I should mention that the last set of coat hangers I bought at Wal-Mart were made in Corona, California.

spike

As much as libs piss & moan about the little guy & his inability to help himslef, didja ever notice that the costs of edumacashion rise faster than inflation, without fail. The same edumacashoin places that are run by...drum roll please...liberals.

All higher education is run by liberals? I'd like to see some proof.

What was the point anyway?

2minkey

bootlicker
there are lots of specific departments in universities that are pretty much staffed by communists.

but, then, there are lots of other departments, often technical ones e.g. mechanical engineering, that tend to be staffed by cock-beating john wayne wannabes.

since americans are largely too lazy to take "hard" math classes, the net effect is that they get 'edumacated' by the commies.

this of course has nothing to do with wal-mart and gonz was simply bringing it up as a dig. now, how that relates to the american consumer shooting his_er_herself in the foot by buying shit-ass chinese crap and helping build our trade deficit is beyond me. oh, wait, yes, the educated elite don't shop there. that must have been his angle, so somehow the joke must be on... milton berle? clever, very clever.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
since americans are largely too lazy to take "hard" math classes, the net effect is that they get 'edumacated' by the commies.

That's not only true to americans. I wish there were more interest in math, it is after all the basis for producing technology.

On commies. They are everywhere in universities, I think the faculties with the most commies are philosophy and history. Mathematicians also tend to lean to the left.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
this of course has nothing to do with wal-mart and gonz was simply bringing it up as a dig.

unlike some members who have advanced degrees often making snide remarks about the lesser educated & the working class peon. not everyone is suited for (fill in the noun)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Back to walmart...

Though it MAY suck, in some ways, some towns benefit financially from having one.

and to face facts there are things that I would not be able to afford if it was not for walmarts low pricing.

PrincessLissa

I hate WalMart for my own reasons. I still end up stopping there every now and then but I refuse to do the bulk o fmy shopping there.

Inkara1

The $400K loss, in their estimation, was probably less than the financial loss from the bad PR and the legal fees.

catocom

it's the right better thing.

It's my understanding that they are going to go case by case, probably diverting
what they give to other charities, to more of the people associated more
closely within where they can see it working in the respective communities.
As it should be.

They won't really be loosing anything more....tax write-offs

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I know, but it leaves the doors open to other stuff.

and once again, walmart does the wrong thing, even though it SEEMS right.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It's called saving face.

Guess this means ol' Jimbo's health care coverage just went up about $1.17 a year to pay for the money they didn't get from the crippled lady. Cuz bet yer ass WalMart's gonna GET that dime. Bank on it.

I personally would have LOVED to have seen WalMart employees voluntarily send this family a buck each to cover what the Walton family was seeking to recoup. I'm sure they got 400,000 employees. But if it had happened, WalMart probably woulda fired 'em for it. Fuggin greedy bastards.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The $400K loss, in their estimation, was probably less than the financial loss from the bad PR and the legal fees.

Wal-Mart is a notorious fighter over legal stuff. They don't typically roll over.

jimpeel

It's called saving face.

Guess this means ol' Jimbo's health care coverage just went up about $1.17 a year to pay for the money they didn't get from the crippled lady. Cuz bet yer ass WalMart's gonna GET that dime. Bank on it.

I personally would have LOVED to have seen WalMart employees voluntarily send this family a buck each to cover what the Walton family was seeking to recoup. I'm sure they got 400,000 employees. But if it had happened, WalMart probably woulda fired 'em for it. Fuggin greedy bastards.

If every associate sent the family one dollar the family would be millionaires.