Want to travel safely this year?

Nixy said:
I've heard from a lot of people that American tourists can, in general, be asses. They expect to be served NOW, the expect everything NOW and they don't think they need to ask nicely. This is what I have heard from people whom I know who have travelled a lot and they either experienced it or in some cases were told by people in the area to which they travelled...I woudln't think being American in and of itself would automatically have you labelled 100% evil in MOST places but the moment an American gets snotty apparently the natives have no time of day cause they've seen it all to often. This is the repututation that Americans have given themselves...Canadians however do not have that rep...YET...if the not so good Americans start pretending to be Canadian then we will...

Heh . . . you should hear what the people who live and work at the beach have to say about the hordes of Canadian Snowbirds who flock here every winter. :lloyd:

BeardofPants said:
That's pretty much what happens here as well, and don't worry, I don't think that being American automatically makes one an arrogant get. :winkkiss:

Damn. Looks like I'll have to try harder, then...:devious:

BoP said:
Yeah, and and I guess they can afford a lot of traveling to ass-end countries on the bottom of the planet. :rolleyes:

Most people who have the cash to travel to Japan can actually afford a trip to New Zealand. There are also a few miners who may be there just for the insanely large pile of pants that's been slowly building off-shore.

Back