War on Terror

Inkara1 said:
The San Francisco Chronicle leans left, but you accept their hard news stories as fact and not bias. So what's your point?
I guess you didn't read all the discussion where Gato thought somehow that FOX wasn't a right wing biased news source?

Allow me to define hypocrisy here:

The San Francisco Chronicle's editorial department leans left, but you accept their hard news stories as fact. After all, news and editorial are separate departments.

Fox News' editorial department leans right, but Gato accepts their hard news stories as fact. After all, news and editorial are separate departments.

The former is OK with you and the latter is not.

Inkara1 said:
Allow me to define hypocrisy here:

The San Francisco Chronicle's editorial department leans left, but you accept their hard news stories as fact. After all, news and editorial are separate departments.

Fox News' editorial department leans right, but Gato accepts their hard news stories as fact. After all, news and editorial are separate departments.

The former is OK with you and the latter is not.
Allow me to define dense here:

As has been pointed out previously in this thread. We're talking about Fox's hard news being biased, not their editorial content. Yet you keep bringing up editorial content for some reason.

flavio said:
Allow me to define dense here:

As has been pointed out previously in this thread. We're talking about Fox's hard news being biased, not their editorial content. Yet you keep bringing up editorial content for some reason.

Look. Hard news is about giving out the facts...Who, what, where, and when. I find that Fox gives out those items in their hard news at a much more reliable rate than CNN, MSNBC, or even the BBC. That's because the other networks mentioned always seem to add either a fact not having anything to do with the main story, or 'a reason why', which, IMO, is bias. Why takes your hard news to editorial in just one sentence.

Pretty much any new organisation will have a slant. Fox, MSN, ABC, NBC, CBS et al all have a slant in one direction or the other. What matters is how much does it affect the facts and how the facts are presented.

freako104 said:
Pretty much any new organisation will have a slant. Fox, MSN, ABC, NBC, CBS et al all have a slant in one direction or the other. What matters is how much does it affect the facts and how the facts are presented.
Not only that, but I hold the opinion that if they do it on one story, they're doing it on all of them whether you catch them at it or not (whether or not such is even their intention).

one direction or the other
One direction or another, there are more than two.

I would say that is their intention Chic. They are owned privately (One company that tends to have a right wing view is Sinclair Inc. There are more left wing ones that own corporations. Neither allow for any dissonance from their workers) and the story and its presentation comes from their view as well as possibly from the reporter's own view as well

Gato_Solo said:
Look. Hard news is about giving out the facts...Who, what, where, and when. I find that Fox gives out those items in their hard news at a much more reliable rate than CNN, MSNBC, or even the BBC. That's because the other networks mentioned always seem to add either a fact not having anything to do with the main story, or 'a reason why', which, IMO, is bias. Why takes your hard news to editorial in just one sentence.
Well, the bias of Fox is known far and wide (even by their own employees as pointed out earlier) . If their news is more comforting to you then so be it.

flavio said:
I guess you didn't read all the discussion where Gato thought somehow that FOX wasn't a right wing biased news source?

Bring outright biased news pieces, written by employees of Fox not otherwise engaged in opinion journalism & present evidence. Don't piss & moan about some guys opinion. Present evidence.

Gonz said:
Bring outright biased news pieces, written by employees of Fox not otherwise engaged in opinion journalism & present evidence. Don't piss & moan about some guys opinion. Present evidence.
Statements from two of the higher ups at Fox was plenty of evidence.

Present evidence. Not opinions. As is, stories that are unquestionably biased.

You want me to spend my day sifting through Fox news? No.

Statement from two of the higher ups was plenty of evidence. Here's some more from the film "Outfoxed"...

"We weren't necessarily, as it was told to us, a newsgathering organization so much as we were a proponent of a point of view," says Jon Du Pre, a former FOX News correspondent. The film also quotes internal memos from a top network executive that seem to call for pro-Bush coverage
Source...

Many facts in this article

Here's some more

More here

On the foxnews.com front page right now, what's the picture in the middle of the page? A nice picture of GW hugging a woman with the headline "President Bush visits Florida". How inspirational.

Every other major news outlet has the Harriet Miers withdrawl as the top story. Sure, the Miers story is on the foxnews.com front page, however it does not warrant the large photo or the center of the page.

rrfield said:
On the foxnews.com front page right now, what's the picture in the middle of the page? A nice picture of GW hugging a woman with the headline "President Bush visits Florida". How inspirational.

Every other major news outlet has the Harriet Miers withdrawl as the top story. Sure, the Miers story is on the foxnews.com front page, however it does not warrant the large photo or the center of the page.
It was the only big pic/story (Miers) earlier today...as it was breaking,
and for at least 3 hours after that I know.
They change the site more that a couple of times a day. :rolleyes:

I'll let someone else pick flavio's post apart. I'm dead with a cold and don't feel like it.
I would like to point out that fox does have some known libs there, like Geraldo...

It's all lies. It's a big massive drive to suck their own very carefully targeted audience in by reporting only what that audience will want to hear, and only in the manner which a) we are comfortable listening to and b) doesn't make us think too much, thereby slowly turning us all into their very own mind-numbed commercial watching zombies all in the name of the almighty advertising buck.

It's all warped.

Back