Warning!! Extreme cold warnings in Montreal

I reckon it's the only one he gets away with....can't go around yelling out he's spilled his juice on the board can he?

Its expected to get down to -5c in Atlanta tonight. If its that cold here... it must surely be another brisk night up the east coast and into Canada again. Whats the latest forecast for those of you in the Quebec/Ontario feifdoms?

unclehobart said:
Its expected to get down to -5c in Atlanta tonight. If its that cold here... it must surely be another brisk night up the east coast and into Canada again. Whats the latest forecast for those of you in the Quebec/Ontario feifdoms?
jiminy cricket! :eek: how often does that happen?

unclehobart said:

it's like summer only -15 right now, as compared to what we've been having, it's heaven

AlphaTroll said:
You telling me she went all the way up there to take pics of Squiggy? Damn.....you suppose he'd turn into a prince if she kisses him enough?

Trust me...NOTHING could turn Squiggy into a prince...

prince.gif

:rofl2:

tonks said:
jiminy cricket! :eek: how often does that happen?
Thats just like 20F. It dips that low 4-5 times a winter. The hard ones are when it dips near 15f with an accompanied ice storm. The night sky takes on an eerie blue haze with the sparks of the exploding transformers.

unclehobart said:
Thats just like 20F. It dips that low 4-5 times a winter. The hard ones are when it dips near 15f with an accompanied ice storm. The night sky takes on an eerie blue haze with the sparks of the exploding transformers.
um...that's really cold. that's really, really cold.

Its 41f now ... That 20f was the overnight low. Its only 10 degrees cooler than where you are right now... Boston wont even hit freezing today and they will be right at 10f - single digits... Minneapolis 6/-4, Key West 75/62 :D, Seattle 50/35, LA 65/45, Denver 40/21

Well, this is new. It's no so cold here, that the rivers are freezing from the bottom up. Yup, that's right. Normally, the river bottoms are warm enough that the water down that deep stays free flowing. But now, at several shallow points, the river bottoms are cold enough that the water touching is turning to slush, backing up the rivers and causing blind flooding. No way to see it coming. And what worse, they figure that if they can't free up channels, it might freeze solid and be there 'til spring. Not something anyone wants to think about.

But ... seeing all those rich assholes who built so close to the water that noone else can get to it get payback is kinda .... Kizmit

Here's a unique opportunity. I can seriously ask a Canuck a question that (so far) no American has been able to answer.

It seems I was taught that moving water won't fereze. So, WTF?

Gonz said:
Here's a unique opportunity. I can seriously ask a Canuck a question that (so far) no American has been able to answer.

It seems I was taught that moving water won't fereze. So, WTF?

Ice flows, rivers freezing, it is rare, it take a lot of cold, but moving water can freeze

It's jsut usually there is a warmish curent in moving water that prevents it

streams and whatnot freeze all the time. rivers though, that's gotta be some kinda cold :eek:

Back