Watches

Do you wear a digital or analog watch? (most of the time)

• Digital (has digits)

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Analog (has arms)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watch?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've got a digital watch, I use it because it's the only one I've been able to keep for over a year without losing it. :eek: I need a digital watch for timing people in on road rallyes, and it makes sense to have it for everything else too. Spending $15K on a watch, that's just arrogant.

Rolex is just a name. Their quality tolerances have gone to shite over the last 20 years. You want something in the Tag Heuer line. They are sturdy and invulnerable. Unlike damn near every other watch in the market, Tags are by-god waterproof down to submarine crush depths. Tag even sells 18k$ US watches as well as the odd 30K$ platinum one.

http://www.tyler-adam.com/97.html

Care for a watch worth more than the gross domestic product of all central africa?

As an engineer, I appreciate the engineering history of Rolex, and would like it as a something to remember Rolex by. :)

How much does computer hobbyists spend on a computer? Buying upgrades every 3 months? I haven't upgraded in 18 months. I just spend my money elsewhere. To call it arrogant is just stupid.

Casio Digital here. No swiss engineering, no gold finish, no fragile strap. Just 20 bucks of solidity and it does what it needs to do perfectly. And I absolutely need digital seconds for tuning BPM for music, and a chrono, so analog isn't well fitted for me now.

But if I ever buy an analog, it will probably be a Tag, they just look too darn cool :headbang:

Yes, Unc, he wears it all the time-it's the only watch he wears :). But he's been talking about some Tag watch that is $3000. or so for years. Platinum something or other, I don't know. I told him that he can have that instead of a wedding band. :D

Rolex oyster.
I wanted the biggest, ugliest fucker I could find.
It gives me a feeling of superiority, plus I can kid myself it makes me popular with the ladies.

Back