Waterboarding was okay in 2002

Cerise

The difference between unlawful and illegal is one is against the law and the other is a sick bird.

:brow:

just ask huff & puff:

"The House on Thursday approved an intelligence bill that bans the CIA from using waterboarding, mock executions and other harsh interrogation methods.

The 222-199 vote sent the measure to the Senate, which still must act before it can go to President Bush. The White House has threatened a veto." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/13/bush-threatens-to-veto-bi_n_76770.html

The dems don't want to accomplish anything, they just want to play games with America's security: :shrug:

So why are the Democrats really trying to stall, stop and gut the intelligence community's ability to protect Americans from new threats?

The President charged, "House leaders chose politics over protecting the country -- and our country is at greater risk as a result." http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=56868

Cerise

Waterboarding?

Is it illegal now?

Why are the dims wasting time and money voting on it if it's already illegal?

Cerise

I still don't understand why so many dims are decrying waterboarding if it is already illegal. Isn't there some kind of proceedure they could take other than manufacturing a law against something that is already illegal?

Other than legitimacy, what is the dim objection to waterboarding?

spike

I still don't understand why so many dims are decrying waterboarding if it is already illegal.

Not just Dems but leading Cons and Pubes too.

Sioux Center, Ia. — Waterboarding is a form of torture no matter how it is done and should be a prohibited among U.S. military interrogation practices, Republican presidential candidate John McCain said today, taking issue with GOP rival Rudy Giuliani’s recent remarks.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071025/NEWS/71025066/1001

The current administration just has no respect for the law.

Cerise

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2008021...80214213137;_ylt=AuosVyPXStUHeLUABynP2b2sOrgF

It must not really be a law.

Oh, well.

Dems lose again. :shrug:

Today’s question is: How does one equate the value of American lives to the “rights” of terrorists? Take a few minutes to take a short quiz. Carefully read each of the following scenarios. Note you answer before reading the next one. Answer truthfully, for only you will see your answers.

Major City

Terrorists have announced, with credible proof, that they have placed a nuclear device in a large US city. Police have captured one of the terrorists who knows the location of the atomic bomb, and how to disarm it. The atomic bomb is set to detonate in four hours.

Would you subject the terrorist to waterboarding or other more severe forms of coercion in order to save the city and hundreds of thousands of lives?

YES NO

A School

The school your children or grandchildren attend has been seized by terrorists. Several children have been killed, and the girls are being raped. Explosives have been planted throughout the building. Police caught the terrorists’ outside observer. He knows which terrorist has the detonator, information required by the SWAT team so they can kill the terrorist with the detonator before they begin their assault. Without this information, all the children will die.

Would you subject the terrorist to waterboarding or other more severe forms of coercion in order to save the children’s lives?

YES NO

Major Sports Event

A major football or baseball game is about to begin in a packed stadium. The FBI learns that a small terrorist cell has planted a small “suitcase” nuke in the stadium, set to detonate at half time, ninety minutes for now.

Would you subject the terrorist to waterboarding or other more severe forms of coercion in order to save thousands of lives?

YES NO

Spouse

Your spouse or life partner is part of a group being held by terrorists. The leader plans to kill everyone by detonating a bomb. FBI agents capture the leader, who knows where the timer, set to detonate the explosives, is located.

Would you subject the terrorist to waterboarding or other more severe forms of coercion in order to save your spouse?

YES NO

Now, substitute my spouse for yours, and answer the same question.

Would you subject the terrorist to waterboarding or other more severe forms of coercion in order to save my spouse?

YES NO

If you answered NO to any of the questions above, please determine the number of American lives you are willing to sacrifice before the “rights” of one terrorist can be violated:

_____ American lives
_____ One hundred American lives

_____ One thousand American lives

_____ Hundreds of thousand of American lives

_____ Millions of American lives

I hope this exercise helps you clarify your thinking about events that soon may occur.

http://www.newmediajournal.us/guest/l_boyland/2008/02092008.htm

jimpeel

How did we prosecute people for it then?

Who was prosecuted?

It's been shown repeatedly that torture doesn't work. If Bush vetoes this America loses again. Why do you hate America?

Perhaps -- and that is a big perhaps -- you will begin to understand once a nuclear devicde has been detonated in an American city; but I doubt it. You will simply continue the same old sing-song rant on how they hate us because we have wronged them and what else do we expect them to do. You will continue to beat the drum in the defense of the terrorists even as thousands of Americans are being buried or presumed dead after their bodies are evaporated by the blast.

When they are leading you to the soccer field to be hanged, don't bother telling them "But I was on your side! I defended you! I thought you were nice people!"

spike

Who was prosecuted?

Links and info above.

Perhaps -- and that is a big perhaps -- you will begin to understand once a nuclear devicde has been detonated in an American city; but I doubt it.

And only torture can stop it! OMGZ!!!!! :laugh:

You will simply continue the same old sing-song rant on how they hate us because we have wronged them and what else do we expect them to do.

Where'd that happen?

You will continue to beat the drum in the defense of the terrorists even as thousands of Americans are being buried or presumed dead after their bodies are evaporated by the blast.

When they are leading you to the soccer field to be hanged, don't bother telling them "But I was on your side! I defended you! I thought you were nice people!"

Damn man, you live in some crazy fantasy world. The Bushies have you scared like a little hurt child. "Oh master Bush I Jimpeel will give up all my freedom and everything America stands for if you'd only just please please please please protects me from the boogeymen who will rape me in my butt and hang me in a soccer field if I don't!"

Pathetic. Get a grip. :laugh:

Cerise

spike said:
OMGZ!!!!!

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and 5 others are facing a death sentence for the attacks on America on 9-11-2001.

"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z," he admitted during a hearing in March last year. He planned the 1993 World Trade Center attack, the 2002 bombings of the Bali nightclubs and the Kenya hotel, among 31 actual attacks. KSM was an architect of the Bojinka plot in 1995; by his own confession he drew up plans for strikes in South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Panama, Israel, Brussels and London, plus a "new wave" of post-9/11 attacks on L.A., Seattle, Chicago and New York.

These are not ordinary crimes. "For sure, I'm American enemies," said KSM in his broken English. "When we made any war against America we are jackals fighting in the nights. . . . the language of the war are killing." Like KSM, most of the 9/11 conspirators happily boast of their atrocities.

The most preposterous canard is that the tribunals are tainted because some terrorists were subjected to coercive interrogation techniques while in CIA custody. But a total of three -- KSM being the only one yet charged -- were waterboarded. It was conducted not to extract a confession but in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 when further attacks seemed likely and intelligence about al Qaeda's operations was limited. CIA Director Michael Hayden recently testified that these interrogations saved American lives. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120311938194772703.html?mod=opinion_main_review_and_outlooks

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/transcript_ISN10024.pdf

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=32456

Do you have sympathy for the devil? Has KSM been victimized by the Bush administration?

jimpeel

:hmm: Nice debating skills y'all are displaying. Can I join the pissing contest or is it for wangs only?

Depends on whether you have a wang or not I guess.

On this, there is no debate. Spike is a cheerleader for the terrorists. He defends, sympathizes with, and makes excuses for them all born of his overwhelming, visceral hatred of Bush.

jimpeel

Okay, so it's time that you laid out for all to see what "The Official Plan For World Peace And The Abolition Of Terrorism Under President Of The World Spike" would be.

How would you go about prosecuting a war against an enemy which has no borders, no government, no army, and wears no uniform?

How would you define the rights, priviliges, and immunities of these people under the tenets of the U.N. Charter, The NATO Accord, and The Geneva Conventions?

How would you go about treating these people who have been captured and have vital information that could ensure the national security of this nation; and without which information devastating damage and loss of American lives would result?

How would you define these people who are known terrorists? You don't like the designation "Enemy Combatants". What name would you give them? What name would you give to those captured?

This should be rich.

spike

Actually, it's time you back up this quote of yours:

Spike is a cheerleader for the terrorists. He defends, sympathizes with, and makes excuses for them

This should be rich. :laugh: